The LPS33W is an ultra-compact piezoresistive pressure sensor which functions as a digital output barometer. The device comprises a sensing element and an IC interface which communicates through I2C or SPI from the sensing element to the application.
The sensing element, which detects absolute pressure, consists of a suspended membrane manufactured using a dedicated process developed by ST.
The LPS33W is available in a ceramic LGA package with metal lid. It is guaranteed to operate over a temperature range extending from -40 °C to +85 °C. The package is holed to allow external pressure to reach the sensing element. Gel inside the IC protects the electrical components from harsh environmental conditions.
- Pressure sensor with potted gel package
- 260 to 1260 hPa absolute pressure range
- Current consumption down to 3 μA
- High overpressure capability: 20x full scale
- Embedded temperature compensation
- 24-bit pressure data output
- 16-bit temperature data output
- ODR from 1 Hz to 75 Hz
- SPI and I²C interfaces
- Embedded FIFO
- Interrupt functions: data-ready, FIFO flags, pressure thresholds
- Supply voltage: 1.7 to 3.6 V
- ECOPACK® lead-free compliant
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|CERAMIC CCLGA 3.3X3.3X2.9 10L||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.