The STM32F401xD/xE devices are based on the high-performance ARM®Cortex® -M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 84 MHz. Its Cortex®-M4 core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision which supports all ARM single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
The STM32F401xD/xE incorporate high-speed embedded memories (512 Kbytes of Flash memory, 96 Kbytes of SRAM), and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses, two AHB buses and a 32-bit multi-AHB bus matrix.
All devices offer one 12-bit ADC, a low-power RTC, six general-purpose 16-bit timers including one PWM timer for motor control, two general-purpose 32-bit timers. They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces.
- Core: ARM®32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU, Adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator™) allowing 0-wait state execution from Flash memory, frequency up to 84 MHz, memory protection unit, 105 DMIPS/1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Dhrystone 2.1), and DSP instructions
- up to 512 Kbytes of Flash memory
- up to 96 Kbytes of SRAM
- Clock, reset and supply management
- 1.7 V to 3.6 V application supply and I/Os
- POR, PDR, PVD and BOR
- 4-to-26 MHz crystal oscillator
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- Internal 32 kHz RC with calibration
- Power consumption
- Run: 146 μA/MHz (peripheral off)
- Stop (Flash in Stop mode, fast wakeup time): 42 μA Typ @ 25C; 65 μA max @25 °C
- Stop (Flash in Deep power down mode, fast wakeup time): down to 10 μA @ 25 °C; 30 μA max @25 °C
- Standby: 2.4 μA @25 °C / 1.7 V without RTC; 12 μA @85 °C @1.7 V
- VBATsupply for RTC: 1 μA @25 °C
- 1×12-bit, 2.4 MSPS A/D converter: up to 16 channels
- General-purpose DMA: 16-stream DMA controllers with FIFOs and burst support
- Up to 11 timers: up to six 16-bit, two 32-bit timers up to 84 MHz, each with up to four IC/OC/PWM or pulse counter and quadrature (incremental) encoder input, two watchdog timers (independent and window) and a SysTick timer
- Debug mode
- Serial wire debug (SWD) & JTAG interfaces
- Cortex®-M4 Embedded Trace Macrocell™
- Up to 81 I/O ports with interrupt capability
- Up to 78 fast I/Os up to 42 MHz
- All I/O ports are 5 V-tolerant
- Up to 12 communication interfaces
- Up to 3 x I2C interfaces (SMBus/PMBus)
- Up to 3 USARTs (2 x 10.5 Mbit/s, 1 x 5.25 Mbit/s), ISO 7816 interface, LIN, IrDA, modem control)
- Up to 4 SPIs (up to 42Mbit/s at fCPU= 84 MHz), SPI2 and SPI3 with muxed full-duplex I2S to achieve audio class accuracy via internal audio PLL or external clock
- SDIO interface
- Advanced connectivity: USB 2.0 full-speed device/host/OTG controller with on-chip PHY
- CRC calculation unit
- 96-bit unique ID
- RTC: subsecond accuracy, hardware calendar
- All packages (WLCSP49, LQFP64/100, UFQFPN48, UFBGA100) are ECOPACK®2
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|UFQFPN 48 7x7x0.55||Industrial||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.