The STM32H7x7 lines combine the performance of the Cortex-M7 (with double-precision floating point unit) running up to 480 MHz and the Cortex-M4 core (with single-precision floating point unit).
- 480 MHz fCPU on the Cortex-M7 and 240 MHz on the Cortex-M4, 3224 CoreMark / 1327 DMIPS executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to its L1 cache
- L1 cache (16 Kbytes of I-cache +16 Kbytes of D-cache) boosting execution performance from external memories
STM32H757 MCUs include the following additional security features:
- Crypto/hash hardware acceleration
- Secure Firmware Install (SFI) embedded security services to authenticate and protect your software IPs while performing initial programming
- Secure Boot Secure Firmware Update (SBSFU)
- Multi-power domain architecture enables different power domains to be set in low-power mode to optimize the power efficiency.
- Embedded SMPS to scale down the supply voltage. It can also be used to supply external circuitry and can also be combined with the LDO for specific use cases.
- USB regulator to supply the embedded physical layer (PHY).
- 145 µ/MHz typical @VDD = 3.3 V and 25 °C in Run mode (peripherals off) and SMPS
- 2.43 µA typical in Standby mode (low-power mode)
- 460 nA typical in VBAT mode with RTC (low-power mode)
- LCD-TFT controller interface with dual-layer support
- MIPI-DSI interface for driving the DSI display
- Chrom‑ART Accelerator™. boosts graphical content creation while saving core processing power, thus freeing up the MCU for other application needs
- JPEG hardware accelerator for fast JPEG encoding and decoding, off-loading the CPU
- Up to 35 communication interfaces including FD-CAN, USB 2.0 high-speed/full-speed, Ethernet MAC, camera interface
- Easily extendable memory range using the flexible memory controller with a 32-bit parallel interface, or the Dual-mode Quad-SPI serial Flash memory interface.
- Analog: 12-bit DACs, fast 16-bit ADCs
- Multiple 16- and 32-bit timers running at up to 480 MHz on the 16-bit high-resolution timer
The STM32H7x7 provides from 1 to 2 Mbytes of Flash memory, 1 Mbyte of SRAM with a scattered architecture: 192 Kbytes of TCM RAM (including 64 Kbytes of ITCM RAM and 128 Kbytes of DTCM RAM for time-critical routines and data), 64, 288 or 512 Kbytes of user SRAM, and 4 Kbytes of SRAM in backup domain to keep data in the lowest power modes and 156- to 240-pin packages in BGA and LQFP profiles. The STM32H7x7 line includes a WLCSP form factor package as small as 4.96 x 4.64 mm.
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32H747I-DISCO Discovery kit is a complete demonstration and development platform for STMicroelectronics STM32H747XIH6 microcontroller, designed to simplify user application development.