A scalable set of 32-bit general-purpose MCUs for many applications
The STM32 mainstream series addresses the converging requirements of multiple segments, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
The well-balanced device architecture matches the basic design needs for consumer markets, where cost constraints and time to market are essential. Built for affordable, robust, and long-shelf-life systems, the STM32 mainstream series supports real-time control applications, such as motor control, up to complex digital power conversion designs.
To support their development, designers can benefit from an extensive set of development tools, including STM32Cube software and libraries, as well as STM32 Nucleo boards, discovery kits, and prototyping boards.
Overview of the STM32 mainstream series
- The STM32C0 series is the most cost-effective STM32 MCU. Built on the same technological platform as the STM32G0, the STM32C0 ensures you reduce costs while ensuring design quality and reliability.
- The STM32G0 series offers efficient microcontrollers based on Arm® Cortex®-M0+ cores. Highly integrated, STM32G0 MCUs help developers reduce BOM costs and address cost-sensitive applications, and bring better performance while lowering power consumption. The STM32G0 series supports a wider portfolio in packages and memories while featuring the essentials of the STM32 family.
- The STM32F0 series includes 32-bit MCUs that are ideal for engineers looking to future-proof their product platform and to standardize their development around the industry-standard Arm Cortex-M0 cores.
- The STM32F1 series is the pioneer of the STM32 family of 32-bit Arm® Cortex® MCUs. Ensuring high performance with first-class peripherals, it is highly integrated and offered at affordable prices with a simple architecture and tools that are easy to use.
- The STM32F3 series enables the most demanding real-time control for consumer and industrial applications, thanks to its rich choice of advanced analog peripherals.
- The STM32G4 series addresses all applications that require an advanced and/or rich analog peripheral set combined with high-performance CPU.
The STM32C0, STM32F0, STM32G0, and STM32F1 MCU series are highly compatible to leave room for future product upgrades. By allowing maximum code reuse, they enable short development cycles for derivative projects.
Read more about the benefits of the 32-bit Arm Cortex-M processor for MCUs here.
Discovery kit with STM32C031C6 MCU
STM32 Nucleo-64 development board with STM32C031C6 MCU
Discovery kit with STM32C011 MCU
STM32Cube software package for new STM32C0 MCUs
STM32Cube MCU package for STM32G4 series
The STM32C0, ST's most affordable 32-bit MCU, makes 32-bit capabilities accessible to all developers.
Tilen tells you all about the STM32Cube Ecosystem, and what makes it so special.
Discover the STM32G0 portfolio, ST’s Mainstream Arm® Cortex®-M0+ Series setting a new definition of what an efficient microcontroller must offer.
Recommended for you
Events and Seminars
ST’s most affordable 32-bit MCU, makes 32-bit capabilities accessible to all developers
The STM32C0 series bridges the gap between 8- or 16-bit MCUs and higher performance 32-bit MCUs. Powered by the industry-standard Arm Cortex-M0+ core running at 48 MHz, the STM32C0 lets developers do more with less. It offers up to 32 Kbytes of Flash memory and 6 to 12 Kbytes of RAM, in a variety of 8- to 48-pin packages.
- Affordability: helps you reduce costs thanks to an attractive price point and an optimized BOM
- Reliability: benefits from proven STM32 quality & reliability
- Continuity: consistent pinout with STM32G0 and shares same technological platform
- 64-pin Nucleo board: NUCLEO-C031C6
- Evaluation boards: STM32C0116-DK, STM32C0316-DK
- Dedicated software package STM32CubeC0
- Key applications: Smart home, industrial devices, consumer devices