The STM32F051xx microcontrollers incorporate the high-performance ARM®Cortex®-M0 32-bit RISC core operating at up to 48 MHz frequency, high-speed embedded memories (up to 64 Kbytes of Flash memory and 8 Kbytes of SRAM), and an extensive range of enhanced peripherals and I/Os. All devices offer standard communication interfaces (up to two I2Cs, up to two SPIs, one I2S, one HDMI CEC and up to two USARTs), one 12-bit ADC, one 12-bit DAC, six 16-bit timers, one 32-bit timer and an advanced-control PWM timer.
The STM32F051xx microcontrollers operate in the -40 to +85 °C and -40 to +105 °C temperature ranges, from a 2.0 to 3.6 V power supply. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allows the design of low-power applications.
The STM32F051xx microcontrollers include devices in seven different packages ranging from 32 pins to 64 pins with a die form also available upon request. Depending on the device chosen, different sets of peripherals are included.
These features make the STM32F051xx microcontrollers suitable for a wide range of applications such as application control and user interfaces, hand-held equipment, A/V receivers and digital TV, PC peripherals, gaming and GPS platforms, industrial applications, PLCs, inverters, printers, scanners, alarm systems, video intercoms and HVACs.
- Core: ARM®32-bit Cortex®-M0 CPU, frequency up to 48 MHz
- 16 to 64 Kbytes of Flash memory
- 8 Kbytes of SRAM with HW parity checking
- CRC calculation unit
- Reset and power management
- Digital and I/O supply: VDD= 2.0 V to 3.6 V
- Analog supply: VDDA= from VDDto 3.6 V
- Power-on/Power down reset (POR/PDR)
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- Low power modes: Sleep, Stop, Standby
- VBATsupply for RTC and backup registers
- Clock management
- 4 to 32 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- Internal 8 MHz RC with x6 PLL option
- Internal 40 kHz RC oscillator
- Up to 55 fast I/Os
- All mappable on external interrupt vectors
- Up to 36 I/Os with 5 V tolerant capability
- 5-channel DMA controller
- One 12-bit, 1.0 μs ADC (up to 16 channels)
- Conversion range: 0 to 3.6 V
- Separate analog supply from 2.4 up to 3.6
- One 12-bit DAC channel
- Two fast low-power analog comparators with programmable input and output
- Up to 18 capacitive sensing channels supporting touchkey, linear and rotary touch sensors
- Up to 11 timers
- One 16-bit 7-channel advanced-control timer for 6 channels PWM output, with deadtime generation and emergency stop
- One 32-bit and one 16-bit timer, with up to 4 IC/OC, usable for IR control decoding
- One 16-bit timer, with 2 IC/OC, 1 OCN, deadtime generation and emergency stop
- Two 16-bit timers, each with IC/OC and OCN, deadtime generation, emergency stop and modulator gate for IR control
- One 16-bit timer with 1 IC/OC
- Independent and system watchdog timers
- SysTick timer: 24-bit downcounter
- One 16-bit basic timer to drive the DAC
- Calendar RTC with alarm and periodic wakeup from Stop/Standby
- Communication interfaces
- Up to two I2C interfaces, one supporting Fast Mode Plus (1 Mbit/s) with 20 mA current sink, SMBus/PMBus and wakeup from Stop mode
- Up to two USARTs supporting master synchronous SPI and modem control, one with ISO7816 interface, LIN, IrDA capability, auto baud rate detection and wakeup feature
- Up to two SPIs (18 Mbit/s) with 4 to 16 programmable bit frame, one with I2S interface multiplexed
- HDMI CEC interface, wakeup on header reception
- Serial wire debug (SWD)
- 96-bit unique ID
- All packages ECOPACK®2
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|WLCSP 36L P 0.4 MM DIE 440||Industrial||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.