The STM32F072x8/xB microcontrollers incorporate the high-performance ARM®Cortex®-M0 32-bit RISC core operating at up to 48 MHz frequency, high-speed embedded memories (up to 128 Kbytes of Flash memory and 16 Kbytes of SRAM), and an extensive range of enhanced peripherals and I/Os. All devices offer standard communication interfaces (two I2Cs, two SPI/I2S, one HDMI CEC and four USARTs), one USB Full-speed device (crystal-less), one CAN, one 12-bit ADC, one 12-bit DAC with two channels, seven 16-bit timers, one 32-bit timer and an advanced-control PWM timer.
The STM32F072x8/xB microcontrollers operate in the -40 to +85 °C and -40 to +105 °C temperature ranges, from a 2.0 to 3.6 V power supply. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allows the design of low-power applications.
The STM32F072x8/xB microcontrollers include devices in seven different packages ranging from 48 pins to 100 pins with a die form also available upon request. Depending on the device chosen, different sets of peripherals are included.
These features make the STM32F072x8/xB microcontrollers suitable for a wide range of applications such as application control and user interfaces, hand-held equipment, A/V receivers and digital TV, PC peripherals, gaming and GPS platforms, industrial applications, PLCs, inverters, printers, scanners, alarm systems, video intercoms and HVACs.
- Core: ARM®32-bit Cortex®-M0 CPU, frequency up to 48 MHz
- 64 to 128 Kbytes of Flash memory
- 16 Kbytes of SRAM with HW parity
- CRC calculation unit
- Reset and power management
- Digital and I/O supply: VDD= 2.0 V to 3.6 V
- Analog supply: VDDA= VDDto 3.6 V
- Selected I/Os: VDDIO2= 1.65 V to 3.6 V
- Power-on/Power down reset (POR/PDR)
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- Low power modes: Sleep, Stop, Standby
- VBATsupply for RTC and backup registers
- Clock management
- 4 to 32 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- Internal 8 MHz RC with x6 PLL option
- Internal 40 kHz RC oscillator
- Internal 48 MHz oscillator with automatic trimming based on ext. synchronization
- Up to 87 fast I/Os
- All mappable on external interrupt vectors
- Up to 68 I/Os with 5V tolerant capability and 19 with independent supply VDDIO2
- Seven-channel DMA controller
- One 12-bit, 1.0 μs ADC (up to 16 channels)
- Conversion range: 0 to 3.6 V
- Separate analog supply: 2.4 V to 3.6 V
- One 12-bit D/A converter (with 2 channels)
- Two fast low-power analog comparators with programmable input and output
- Up to 24 capacitive sensing channels for touchkey, linear and rotary touch sensors
- Calendar RTC with alarm and periodic wakeup from Stop/Standby
- 12 timers
- One 16-bit advanced-control timer for six-channel PWM output
- One 32-bit and seven 16-bit timers, with up to four IC/OC, OCN, usable for IR control decoding or DAC control
- Independent and system watchdog timers
- SysTick timer
- Communication interfaces
- Two I2C interfaces supporting Fast Mode Plus (1 Mbit/s) with 20 mA current sink, one supporting SMBus/PMBus and wakeup
- Four USARTs supporting master synchronous SPI and modem control, two with ISO7816 interface, LIN, IrDA, auto baud rate detection and wakeup feature
- Two SPIs (18 Mbit/s) with 4 to 16 programmable bit frames, and with I2S interface multiplexed
- CAN interface
- USB 2.0 full-speed interface, able to run from internal 48 MHz oscillator and with BCD and LPM support
- HDMI CEC wakeup on header reception
- Serial wire debug (SWD)
- 96-bit unique ID
- All packages ECOPACK®2
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
The compact USB Type-C to DisplayPort adapter reference design, with USB Type-C connector and DisplayPort connector, exploits Alternate Mode of the USB Type-C and Power Delivery specifications to offer a comprehensive VESA® DisplayPort Standard interface.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|UFBGA 100 7x7x0.6||Industrial||Ecopack2|| |
|LQFP 100 14x14x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack2|
Package:UFBGA 100 7x7x0.6
UFBGA 100 7x7x0.6
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.