The STM32F3x4 product line is specifically addressing digital power conversion applications, such as D-SMPS, lighting, welding, inverters for solar systems and wireless chargers.
The main peripherals of the STM32F3x4 are:
- High-resolution timer: 217ps, self-compensated versus power supply and temperature drift.
- Ultra-fast comparator: 26ns from analog input to PWM shut-down
- Ultra-fast 12-bit ADC 5Msps (0.2µs)
- Operational amplifier with 5 built-in gain settings and 1% accuracy
The high resolution timer consists of a bank of 6 timers totaling:
- 10 PWM outputs (can be coupled by pairs)
- 10 external events inputs (Current limitation, Zero Voltage / Zero Current Detection…) and 5 fault inputs
The main features of the high resolution timers are:
- 217ps resolution available for all operating modes
- Variable duty cycle, variable frequency, Transition mode,…
- A number of features allows to unload the CPU
- One DMA channel per timer
- Built-in burst mode controller, topology specific modes: push-pull, resonant.
- Numerous interconnects between timers to
- Reset/Start adjacent timers
- Set / Reset / Toggle other outputs
- Transparent high-resolution implementation (equivalent to 4.6GHz timer) for easy programming
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Getting Started with the P-NUCLEO-IHM001