The STM32F318x8 family is based on the high-performance ARM® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 72 MHz and embedding a floating point unit (FPU). The family incorporates high-speed embedded memories (64 Kbytes of Flash memory, 16 Kbytes of SRAM), and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses.
The devices offer a fast 12-bit ADC (5 Msps), three comparators, an operational amplifier, up to 17 capacitive sensing channels, one DAC channel, a low-power RTC, one general-purpose 32-bit timer, one timer dedicated to motor control, and up to three general-purpose 16-bit timers, and one timer to drive the DAC. They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces: three I2Cs, up to three USARTs, up to two SPIs with multiplexed full-duplex I2S, and an infrared transmitter.
The STM32F318x8 family operates in the –40 to +85°C and –40 to +105°C temperature ranges from at 1.8 V ± 8% power supply. A comprehensive set of power-saving mode allows the design of low-power applications.
The STM32F318x8 family offers devices in 32-, 48- and 49-pin packages.
The set of included peripherals changes with the device chosen.
- Core: ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU (72 MHz max.), single-cycle multiplication and HW division, DSP instruction
- 64 Kbytes of Flash memory
- 16 Kbytes of SRAM on data bus
- CRC calculation unit
- Power management
- Supply: VDD = 1.8 V ± 8%VDDA voltage range = 1.65 V to 3.6 V
- External POR pin
- Low-power: Sleep, Stop
- VBAT supply for RTC and backup registers
- Clock management
- 4 to 32 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- Internal 8 MHz RC with x 16 PLL option
- Internal 40 kHz oscillator
- Up to 36 fast I/O ports, all mappable on external interrupt vectors, several 5 V-tolerant
- Interconnect matrix
- 7-channel DMA controller supporting timers, ADCs, SPIs, I2Cs, USARTs and DAC
- 1 × ADC 0.20 μs (up to 11 channels) with selectable resolution of 12/10/8/6 bits, 0 to 3.6 V conversion range, single ended/differential mode, separate analog supply from 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Temperature sensor
- 1 x 12-bit DAC channel with analog supply from 2.4 to 3.6 V
- Three fast rail-to-rail analog comparators with analog supply from 1.8 to 3.6 V
- 1 x operational amplifier that can be used in PGA mode, all terminal accessible with analog supply from 2.4 to 3.6 V
- Up to 17 capacitive sensing channels supporting touchkey, linear and rotary sensors
- Up to 9 timers
- One 32-bit timer with up to 4 IC/OC/PWM or pulse counter and quadrature (incremental) encoder input
- One 16-bit 6-channel advanced-control timer, with up to 6 PWM channels, deadtime generation and emergency stop
- Three 16-bit timers with IC/OC/OCN or PWM, deadtime gen. and emergency stop
- One 16-bit basic timer to drive the DAC
- 2 watchdog timers (independent, window)
- SysTick timer: 24-bit downcounter
- Calendar RTC with alarm, periodic wakeup from Stop
- Communication interfaces
- Three I2Cs with 20 mA current sink to support Fast mode plus
- Up to 3 USARTs, 1 with ISO 7816 I/F, auto baudrate detect and Dual clock domain
- Up to two SPIs with multiplexed full duplex I2S
- Infrared transmitter
- Serial wire debug (SWD), JTAG
- 96-bit unique ID
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Getting Started with the P-NUCLEO-IHM001
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 48 7x7x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack2|
|WLCSP 49L DIE 439 P 0.4 MM||Industrial||Ecopack2|
LQFP 48 7x7x1.4
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.