STM32L1 series of ultra-low-power MCUs
ST’s Arm® Cortex®-M3-based STM32L1 series uses ST’s proprietary ultra-low-leakage process technology with an innovative autonomous dynamic voltage scaling and 5 low-power modes offering unprecedented platform flexibility to fit any application. The STM32L1 series extends the ultra-low-power concept with no compromise on performance.
More than just ultra-low-power MCUs, the STM32L1 series offers a wide portfolio of features, memory sizes and package pin counts. Combining ultra-low power and performance, the portfolio covers from 32 to 512 Kbytes of Flash memory (with up to
80 Kbytes of SDRAM and 16 Kbytes of true embedded EEPROM) and from 48 to 144 pins.
This innovative architecture (voltage scaling, ultra-low-power MSI oscillator) gives your design more performance for a very low power budget. The large number of embedded peripherals, such as USB, LCD interface, op amp, comparators, ADC with fast on/off mode, DAC, capacitive touch and AES, makes the STM32L1 series an expandable platform to fit all your requirements.
To simplify migration and give you all the flexibility you need, the STM32L1 is pin-to-pin compatible with the different STM32F series and opens the door to the full STM32 ecosystem.
- Ultra-low-power mode: 280 nA with backup registers (3 wakeup pins)
- Ultra-low-power mode + RTC: 900 nA with backup registers (3 wakeup pins)
- Low-power run mode: down to 9 μA
- Dynamic run mode: down to 177 μA/MHz
Tilen tells you all about the STM32Cube Ecosystem, and what makes it so special.
Discover the large and pin-to-pin compatible STM32 ultra-low-power portfolio. This offer covers more than 2 billion of applications like IoT, Industrial sensors, wearables & home automation.
This video is about the STM32L5, our recently announced ultra-low power microcontroller bringing a new security dimension. The STM32L5 is now in full production and all its ecosystem is available including hardware kits, software tools, firmware and all documentations of course. This is our first STM32 based on Cortex-M33 and its Trustzone and using specific ST security implementation - watch the video to find out more!
Getting started with STM32L1
- Purchase a 64-pin Nucleo board, Discovery kit or Evaluation kit for STM32L1 MCUs.
- Download the Free STM32CubeL1 embedded software package containing the HAL, LL (low-layer) APIs, and middleware. Then install ST’s Free STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool that supports pinout configuration, code generation and a power consumption calculator. Start with one of the many examples provided or build your own project.
STM32L1 Low power Wireless Solution (Sigfox)
To discover low-power wireless solutions based on the STM32L1, the STEVAL-FKI433V1 (430 – 470 MHz) and the STEVAL-FKI868V1 (860 - 940 MHz) development kit based on Spirit2 low-power Sub-GHz transceiver are now available.