STM32L5 series of Ultra-low-power MCUs
Security has emerged as one of the 3 key areas that developers of embedded and IoT applications are thriving to improve. The STM32L5 microcontroller series is the solution and provide a new optimal balance between performance, power and security. The STM32L5 MCU series harnesses the security features of the Arm Cortex-M33 processor and its TrustZone for Armv8-M combined with ST security implementation. ST-proprietary ultra-low-power technologies create a class-leading MCU for energy-conscious applications such as Internet of things (IoT), medical, industrial and consumer.
Offering up to 512 Kbytes of flash (dual bank) memory and 256 Kbytes of SRAM, the STM32L5 series of microcontrollers reaches an upgraded level of performance (442 CoreMark) thanks to this new core and a new ST ART Accelerator™ (supporting now also external memory).
The STM32L5 offers a large portfolio with 7 packages (from 48 to 144 pins) and supports up to 125°C ambient temperature.
A full set of security
- Flexible hardware and software secure isolations with TrustZone
- Enhanced security services: dedicated secure user memory space for Secure Boot, symmetric and asymmetric crypto accelerations, memory and IP protection, independent Read out protection between secure / non secure domains, active IO tamper detection, certified cryptolib, embedded Secure Firmware Install loader and ecosystem.
Best power consumption
- EEMBC ULPBench®: 370 ULPMark-CP score
- Embedded SMPS step down converter (optional)
- Best power consumption numbers with full flexibility:
- 17 nA in shutdown mode
- 3 µA in stop mode with full SRAM and peripheral states retention with 5µs wake-up time
- Down to 62 µA/MHz in active mode
Integration, size and performance
- Better responsiveness of the application:
- New Arm Cortex-M33 at 110 MHz performance: +20% versus Cortex-M4
- New ST ART Accelerator: working both on internal and external Flash (8 Kbytes of instruction cache)
- Achieving 165 DMIPS and 442 CoreMark scores
- High integration and innovation: large memory, USB Type-C w/power delivery controller, CAN FD
- Large portfolio: 7 packages type (LQFP48, QFN48, LQFP64, WLCSP81, LQFP100, UFBGA132 and LQFP144) for several options
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.