STM32U5 series of ultra-low-power MCUs
The STM32U5 series offers advanced power-saving microcontrollers, based on Arm® Cortex®-M33 to meet the most demanding power/performance requirements for smart applications, including wearables, personal medical devices, home automation, and industrial sensors.
Offering up to 2 Mbytes of Flash (dual bank) memory and 786 Kbytes of SRAM, the STM32U5 series of microcontrollers takes performance to the next level.
The STM32U5 offers a large portfolio with 8 packages (from 48 to 169 pins) and supports up to 125°C ambient temperature.
Enabling best-in-class power consumption
- Energy benchmark:
- 535 ULPMark-CP
- 149 ULPMark-PP
- 133000 SecureMark-TLS
- LPBAM (Low Power Background Autonomous Mode), an innovative autonomous power mode, saves power by enabling direct memory access (LPDMA Low Power Direct Memory Access) and ensuring the peripherals keep working, while most of the device is in stop mode.
- Embedded SMPS (Switched-Mode Power Supply) step-down converter (optional)
- Key performance indicators include:
- 110 nA in shutdown mode
- 300 nA in standby mode
- 1.7 µA in stop mode 3 with 16 Kbytes of SRAM
- 6.6 µA in stop mode 2 with 786 Kbytes of SRAM
- Down to 19 µA/MHz in active mode
Building on the cyber security features of the STM32L5 MCU, with its Arm Cortex-M33 core that incorporates Arm’s TrustZone® technology and an ST-specific security feature set, the STM32U5 series introduces state-of-the-art innovations:
- AES encryption and Public Key Accelerator (PKA) are now side-channel hardware- resistant
- Secure data storage with a Hardware Unique Key (HUK)
- Active tamper detection. Internal monitoring, that can erase secret data in the event of perturbation attacks, helps meet the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) requirements for Point Of Sales (POS) applications.
- Targeting PSA and SESIP (Security Evaluation Standard for IoT Platforms) assurance level 3
Integration, size and performance
- Ensures enhanced application responsiveness:
- Arm Cortex-M33 running at 160 MHz
- New ST ART Accelerator: working both on internal and external Flash (8 Kbytes of instruction cache)
- 240 DMIPS and 651 CoreMark scores
- Up to 0.5 Mbytes of on-chip Flash offers increased cycle life, up to 100,000 read/write cycles to ensure reliable storage of user data.
- High integration and innovation: large memory with ECC on Flash and SRAM, USB Type-C w/power delivery controller, CAN FD, 14- and 12-bit ADC, Multi-function Digital Filter (MDF) and Audio Digital Filter (ADF)
- Large portfolio: 8 package types (LQFP48, QFN48, LQFP64, WLCSP90, LQFP100, UFBGA132, LQFP144 and UFBGA169)
Discover the large and pin-to-pin compatible STM32 ultra-low-power portfolio. This offer covers more than 2 billion of applications like IoT, Industrial sensors, wearables & home automation.