QuarkLink is a software-based IoT security platform for device owners to manage their IoT ecosystem security. It can work with QDID, but also with other hardware RoTs. QuarkLink essentially connects IoT devices to server-hosted apps (on-premises or in the cloud). A firmware image is injected into IoT devices at manufacturing, which is encrypted and signed by QuarkLink. This allows for secure provisioning, authentication, and management (monitoring, updates, etc.). QuarkLink is both platform-agnostic (it can work with various silicon and cloud solutions) and crypto-agile (a plug-in function allows any algorithm to be leveraged).
Its unique feature is its breadth of capability in one tool. It provides:
- Secure provisioning, including cryptographic keys and firmware
- Automated secure onboarding to any platform and simultaneously to multiple platforms. AWS, Microsoft, and Mosquito are supported now, with more to follow
- Security monitoring, including firmware encryption, signing and secure updates over-the-air, and certificate and key renewal and revocation
QuarkLink can be set up in minutes by engineers without specialist IoT security knowledge. Thousands of end-point devices may then be connected to servers through cryptographic APIs, with just a few keystrokes that initiate an almost instantaneous, automated process.
Two versions of software are available:
- Initially, the customer will either be provided or can download a binary version that is targeted at the B-L4S5I-IOT01A Discovery Kit only. This version allows the customer to connect to a QuarkLink and onboard to AWS.
- If the customer wishes to develop their own application based on the binary version, they are provided with full source code for the example project. This is sent to them from CQ once they have been vetted.