The SWAN 2 is a wall or pole mounted, battery operated gateway and directly connects up to 100 wireless M-Bus devices to the cellular network using the new LTE Cat NB1 technology and additionally/optionally supports the wired interfaces L Bus, RS 485 or 2x Pulse.
Provisioning takes place using a NFC interface, thus allowing to use your smart phone during installation. The same holds for the process of firmware update. In addition, remote configuration and FUOTA over NB-IoT will be a future available feature.
The OMS 3.x and 4.x compliant wireless M-Bus interface operates at 868 or 915 MHz and supports mode S, T and C, frame formats A and B.
The gateway is available for LTE band 3, 8 & 20. The following protocols are supported: UDP, HTTP, LwM2M , MQTT SN, D TLS.
- Data reception via wireless M-Bus (868 MHz)
- Can be used in S-, T- and C-mode Data transmission via LTE Cat. NB1 technology (Band3, 8 & 20)
- Supports the protocol UDP and HTTP
- Supports wired interfaces such as L-Bus, RS-485 or 2xPuls
- Collects data from up to 100 devices Whitelisting (definition of the wireless M-Bus devices to be received)
- Configurable reception and transmission times Up to 10 years of battery life
- Configuration & firmware update via NFC app 3GPP licensed
- Mikro SIM & eSIM Protection class: IP67
- Dimensions: approx. 160 x 90 x 50mm
- Usage within the temperature range: -20 – +55 °C
- Usage within the humidity range: 0% – 100%