ST_POWER_SPC58 training course for board designers and SW developers
Duration: 5 days, 7 hours a day
Min/Max number of participants: 3-15
- Alternating lectures, trainer-driven hands-on practical examples, group interactions with the trainer, and self-reflection time.
Training locations: for dedicated sessions at your training facilities, content can be tailored to further meet your needs. (Contact us for public sessions or public seminars).
Certificate of Completion: a certificate of Completion will be delivered upon completion of the training course.
Prerequisites and related courses:
- Experience with a processor or DSP is mandatory.
See courses POWER_CPU_E200Z0, POWER_CPU_E200Z425, POWER_CPU_E200Z4D (SPC58H), CVT_AA_CAN, NET_STD_PTP and NET_STD_ETH.
- This course explains the architecture of the SPC58 to enable participants to efficiently design a board and implement the integrated memory controllers and peripherals. The following MCUs are covered: SPC58xEx, SPC58xGx, SPC58xNx, SPC58xHx.
- Based on SPC58NG-DISP board, GCC toolchain and Trace32 debugger
- Related products & services
- Board design, schematics review, pre-layout review
- SoC performance improvement.
- Bare-metal driver design.
Trainers are also experts able to assist customers throughout the design process
ARCHITECTURE OF SPC58XX (1-hour)
- Computational shell
- Peripheral domain
- Memory hierarchy
- Software debug and calibration
- Peripheral buses
- Memory mapping POWER, CLOCKING AND RESET (6-hour)
- Power supplies and reference voltages, power-up sequence
- Power supply monitors
- External regulators
- Internal regulator with external ballast
- Integrated switch mode voltage regulator (SMPS)
- Reset phases
- Reset Generation Module
- Boot Assist Flash
- System Status and Configuration Module (SSCM), UTEST flash, DCF records
- Clock Generation Modules
- Clock monitors
- Power Management Controller digital interface
- Power Control Unit (MC_PCU)
- Mode Entry Module (MC_ME)
- Wakeup Unit (WKPU)
- IO pads
- Hardware configuration
EMBEDDED MEMORIES (2-hour)
- Platform RAM controller
- Flash memory controller, flash organization
- Erase and program sequence
- Decorated Storage Memory Controller
Practical example: programming a flash erase and programming sequence
SYSTEM MODULES (5-hour)
- Interconnect parameterizing, introduction to AHB and APB buses
- XBAR switch and XBIC
- System MPU, comparing with CMPU
- Sharing exclusive resources: SEMA42 unit
- Interrupt controllers, 64 priority levels
- eDMA controller and DMAMUX
Practical example: configuring the eDMA to perform a memory-to-memory transfer triggered by a timer expiration
SAFETY MECHANISMS (3-hour)
- End-to-End ECC
- Lockstep, checker cores
- Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) Unit
- Memory Error Management Unit (MEMU)
- Indirect Memory Access (IMA)
- Fault Collection and Control Unit (FCCU)
- Self-Test Control Unit (STCU2)
- Register Protection (REG_PROT)
- Password and Device Security Module (PASS)
- Tamper Detection Module (TDM)
- Hardware Security Module ANALOG MODULES (3-hour)
- Overview of the integrated ADCs, sample transfer to memory using DMA channels
- Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converter
- Successive Approximation Register Analog-to-Digital Converter
- SARADC queued digital interface
- Temperature Sensor, determining device temperature
- Decimation filter
Practical example: programming a SAR acquisition sequence
FAST ETHERNET CONTROLLER (2-hour)
- Buffer management, buffer descriptors
- Connection to the PHY
- Received frame filtering
- Run-time statistics
- AVB support
- IEEE1588 frame timestamping
HARDWARE ACCELERATOR- AMU2 (1-hour)
- High performance floating-point arithmetic calculation engine
- AMU RAM (ARAM) memory storage
- Single-precision exponential function
- DMA channels to access operands and store results
COMMUNICATION MODULES (4-hour)
- CAN subsystem
- Serial Inter-Processor Interface (SIPI)
- LVDS Fast Asynchronous Serial Transmission (LFAST)
- De-serial Serial Peripheral Interface
- Inter-Integrated Circuit
- Peripheral Sensor Interface (PSI5)
- SENT Receiver (SRX)
CALIBRATION AND DEBUG MODULES (2-hour)
- Buddy device
- e200z4256 Core Debug Support
- Debug and Calibration Interface
- JTAG Controllers
- Sequence Processing Unit (SPU)
- Development Trigger Semaphore (DTS)
- Nexus Aurora Router (NAR)
- GTM Development Interface
- Emulation and Debug Device Introduction
TIMER MODULES (5-hour)
- System Timer Module
- Software Watchdog Timer
- Periodic Interrupt Timer
- Overview of Generic Timer Module GTM343
Learning delivery methods:
- Lectures with supporting slides, use of projector.
- Review and execution of practical examples, provided by MOVE.B, using GCC compiler and Lauterbach Trace32 debugger.
- Trainees will participate in quizzes and learning checks at the end of each chapter.
- Each trainee will fill out and return a training evaluation form upon completion of the training course.
Trainer’s profile and expertise:
- Our trainers regularly attend train-the-trainer courses with our partners to continuously improve their technical skills and knowledge on the latest components, technologies, and upcoming releases.
- Each attendee will receive a Participant Guide in pdf format.
- Learners should bring their laptops to the course; they will be able to navigate in the presentation and access the training content.
- Notepad and pen are provided.