The SRK1000 is a controller intended for second-ary side synchronous rectification (SR) in flyback converters, suitable for operation in QR and mixed CCM/DCM fixed frequency circuits.
It provides a high-current gate-drive output, capa-ble of driving N-channel Power MOSFETs.
The control scheme of this IC is such that the SR MOSFET is switched on as soon as current starts flowing through its body diode and it is then switched off as current approaches zero.
The fast turn-on, with minimum delay, and the in-novative adaptive turn-off logic allow maximizing the conduction time of the SR MOSFET and elim-inating the effect of parasitic inductance in the circuit.
The device enters low consumption mode when it detects primary controller burst-mode operation, or when the SR MOSFET conduction becomes lower than the programmed minimum TON. In this way, converter's efficiency improves at light load where synchronous rectification is no more bene-ficial..
After the converter restarts switching or the IC de-tects that the current conduction in the rectifiers has increased 20% above the min TON pro-grammed value, the IC exits low consumption mode and resumes switching operation.
- Secondary side synchronous rectification con-troller optimized for flyback converter
- Suitable for QR and mixed CCM/DCM fixed frequency operation
- Wide Vcc operating voltage range 3.75 to 32 V
- CC regulation operation down to 2 V output supported
- Very low quiescent current in low consumption mode (160 μA)
- High-voltage sensing input for SR MOSFET drain-source voltage (100V AMR)
- Operating frequency up to 300 kHz
- High-current gate-drive output for N-MOSFET
- Fast turn-on with minimum delay time and adaptive turn-off logic
- Programmable min TON and fixed min TOFF (3 options available: SRK1000, SRK1000A and SRK1000B)
- Low consumption mode entry by primary side burst-mode detection or by detection of SR MOSFET conduction lower than programmed min TON
- SOT23-6L package
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.