ST’s LCD/OLED PSU devices add value to new designs by simplifying power-supply circuitry and maximizing battery life for feature-rich portable products thanks to their embedded energy-saving features.
Some of the main features include:
- Boost (step-up) DC-DC converter topology (LCD PSUs)
- Integration of the step-up and inverting DC-DC converters needed to generate the positive and negative supplies on the same chip (AMOLED PSUs)
- Enable pin to allow the application to completely turn off the devices when it does not need to use the display
- Very low standby current
- Pulse-skipping operation that optimizes efficiency when the display is consuming minimal power
- Programmable output voltages