The IPS160H is a monolithic device which can drive capacitive, resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to ground; it is specifically designed to match safety integrity level (SIL) applications.
Built-in thermal shutdown protects the chip against overtemperature and short-circuit. In order to minimize the power dissipation when the output is shorted, a non-dissipative short-circuit protection (cut-off) is implemented, it limits both the output average current value and, consequently, the device overheating. The DIAG common diagnostic pin reports the thermal shutdown, open load in off-state and cut-off.
Cut-off delay time can be programmed by an external capacitor.
- 8 V to 60 V operating voltage range
- Minimum output current limitation: 2.6 A
- Non-dissipative short-circuit protection (cut-off)
- Programmable cut-off delay time using external capacitor
- Diagnostic signalization for: open load in off-state, cut-off and junction thermal shutdown
- Fast demagnetization of inductive load
- Ground disconnection protection
- VCC disconnection protection
- Undervoltage lock-out
- Designed to meet IEC 61131-2
- PSSO12 package
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.