LED matrix drivers are monolithic high-efficiency LED drivers designed to supply LED arrays used in the backlighting of LCD panels in consumer, industrial and automotive applications.
Housed in compact QFN packages, these ICs integrate a power converter section and a LED array driver section consisting of several PWM-dimmable current generators.
The wide input voltage range covers the most common voltage buses (5 V, 12 V and 24 V).
Additional flexibility is guaranteed by a full set of adjustable protection functions, together with complete and flexible fault management and high switching frequency, to reduce the size and cost of the final application.
Watch the ALED1262ZT video, an automotive-grade 12-Channel LED Driver for advanced rear lighting solutions
The smart way to design your application
Recommended for you
LED7708: 16 channels, 85 mA LED driver with boost controller and 4-wire serial interface
LED7708 is specifically designed to supply large matrices, starting from a single low voltage rail, offering:
- Boost controller regulating the output voltage in an adaptive way, according to LED requirements, for maximum efficiency
- 16 current generators 40 V-rated, allowing to drive several LEDs in series on each channel
- LEDs brightness controlled using the serial interface
- Selectable 12-bit or 16-bit grayscale brightness control for independent PWM on each channel
- Programmable on-chip dimming oscillator for external circuitry simplification
- Dedicated pins for external synchronization with master or slave devices, for noise reduction in multi-device applications