Based on the advanced and innovative properties of wide bandgap materials, ST’s 650 and 1700 V silicon-carbide (SiC) MOSFETs feature very low on-state resistance (RDS(on)) per area combined with excellent switching performance, translating into more efficient and compact systems. SiC MOSFETs are belonging to the STPOWER™ family.
Compared with silicon MOSFETs, SiC MOSFETs exhibit low on-state resistance per area even at high temperatures as well as excellent switching performance versus the best-in-class IGBTs in all temperature ranges, simplifying the thermal design of power electronic systems.
The main features and benefits of our SiC MOSFETs include:
- Very high temperature handling capability (max. TJ = 200 °C) leading to reduced PCB form factors (simplified thermal management) as well as improved system reliability
- Significantly reduced switching losses (minimal variation versus temperature) resulting in more compact designs (with smaller passive components)
- Low on-state resistance (20 mΩ typ. @ 25 °C for 650 V devices and 80 mΩ typ. @ 25 °C for 1200 V devices) resulting in higher system efficiency thanks to reduced cooling requirements
- Simple to drive (cost-effective network driving)
- Very fast and robust intrinsic body diode (no need for external freewheeling diode, thus more compact systems)
Our portfolio includes a wide range of operating voltages for Industrial and Automotive applications such as traction inverters, on board chargers & fast chargers, DC-DC converters, SMPS/high-end PFCs, auxiliary power supplies, and UPS/Solar/Welding.
Our wide STPOWER™ product portfolio combined with state-of-the art packaging and protections for high reliability and safety helps designers find the right solutions for customized, high-efficiency applications that will last a long lifetime.
650 V, 90 A, 18 mΩ silicon-carbide power MOSFET in H2PAK SMD and HiP247 packages
ST has extended its offering of SiC MOSFETs with the introduction of a 650 V, 90 A power MOSFET in high-performance H2PAK SMD and HiP247 packages offering a very high operating junction temperature capability (TJ = 175 °C).
The SCTH90N65G2V-7 and SCTW90N65G2V can manage high breakdown voltages with extremely low gate charge and input capacitances with remarkably low on-resistance per unit area and very good switching performance.