The ST53G device is an all-in-one secure solution that includes the STS3922 near-field communication (NFC) booster and a secure element (SE) certified by EMVCo and available in different memory sizes ranging from 256 to 480 Kbytes (ST31G480, ST31G384, ST31G320 or ST31G256).
Fully manufactured in a secure environment, the ST53G provides the highest performance levels thanks to the ARM® SC300® core of their secure element.
The ST53G is ideal for applications that require card emulation functionality, but have limited space for the antenna. This solution allows a simpler design than the conventional NFC controller-based architecture, and occupies a board footprint approximately one-third smaller.
The ST53G operates in the −25 to + 85 °C temperature range at voltages from 2.7 to 3.6 V.
It is delivered in WFBGA64 packages dimensioned for use in small-footprint devices.
In order to meet environmental requirements, ST offers the ST53G in different grades of ECOPACK® packages, depending on their level of environmental compliance. ECOPACK® specifications, grade definitions and product status are available at: www.st.com. ECOPACK® is an ST trademark.
Key FeaturesSystem in package (SiP) integrating a 32-bit secure microcontroller (ST31G480, ST31G384, ST31G320 or ST31G256) and an STS3922 booster for optimized wearable applications (card emulation boosted performance)
Single power supply pin (VBAT)
2.7 to 3.6 V supply voltage range
Battery voltage supported
Supports Class B operating conditions
Ambient operating temperature range: −25 to + 85 °C
10-year data retention
100 000 Erase/Write cycle enduranceESD protection greater than 4 kV (HBM)
- ISO 7816
- ISO 14443A
- WFBGA64: 64-ball, 4 × 4 mm, 0.4 mm pitch, very, very thin profile, fine pitch, ball grid array package
- ARM® SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core
- 12 Kbytes of user RAM
- Up to 480 Kbytes of secure, high-density user Flash memory including 128 bytes of user OTP area
- Three 16-bit timers with interrupts
- Watchdog timer
- External clock frequency up to 10 MHz
- CPU clock frequency up to 28 MHz
- Power-saving Standby state
- Asynchronous receiver transmitter (IART) with RAM buffer for high-speed serial data support (ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0/T=1 compliant)
- Extended read range in card emulation mode with antennas smaller than 100 mm²
- boostedNFC technology based on active load modulation
- Automatic power control
- Automatic gain control
- Low power consumption
- EMVCo™ and ISO/IEC 14443 compliance for full interoperability with existing payment and ticketing infrastructures
- Card emulation supporting ISO/IEC 14443 Type A at 106 kbps
- MIFARE Plus® and MIFARE® DESFire® EV1 hardware and software implementation
- MIFARE® Classic available as part of MIFARE Plus®
- Active shield
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Three-key triple DES accelerator
- AES accelerator
- AIS-31 Class PTG2-compliant true random number generator (TRNG)
- NESCRYPT coprocessor for public-key cryptography algorithms
- ISO/IEC 13239 CRC calculation block
- Unique serial number for each die
- Protection against multiple attacks
Tools & Software
Quality & Reliability
Sample & Buy