Make your IoT solutions safer with ST
In today's headlines, we see that security is increasingly required in every connected device. At ST, we are committed to using our technologies and expertise to help our customers make their IoT solutions safer.
ST offers the simplest way for designers and makers of smart things to develop or enhance the security of their solutions using its comprehensive portfolio of products that provide industry-leading performance covering all key functions.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers developing embedded applications for use in smart devices that connect and exchange data
- Engineers who wish to better understand the security challenges of embedded smart peripherals
- Engineers looking to improve the security of their STM32-based solutions using our user-friendly development ecosystem
Benefits you will take away
- Understanding of the principal attack vectors and vulnerabilities in IoT systems
- Lab exercises focusing on implementing the necessary protection for your STM32 application
- Tips and tricks to strengthen the security required for embedded devices used in IoT solutions
Online course concept
- Courses are provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos complemented with exercises.
- Each course takes approximately 1 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- Overview of the attack surface of IoT systems with examples of attack vectors and vulnerable points
- How ST provides the tools and means required for designing secure systems and applications
- Hands-on experience with real-life application scenarios for protecting embedded devices using STM32 hardware features and software libraries
- Tips and tricks to improve the design and performance of secure embedded applications
- You need to have a good understanding of connected systems and be familiar with STM32 microcontrollers and its development environment.
- The STM32L476 Discovery kit (STM32L476G-DISCO) is required for the hands-on exercises included in the course.
- Type A to type B miniUSB cable
- Laptop PC running Windows® 7, 8 or 10 with administrator rights and the following software installed:
- current version of STLink Driver
- current version of Keil uVision with MCU data pack within MDK-ARM toolchain
- start the MDK-ARM application and press “Pack installer” button
- install STM32L4 family, STM32NUCLEO and CMSIS data packs.