eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.
A comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products, eDesignSuite guides you while you:
- Specify your application use case
- Select the right IC or Discrete
- Analyze how it performs in the selected circuit configuration
- Refine the design with intuitive simulation iterations
- And finally help you get ready to build a prototype
thus, greatly accelerating time-to-market also thanks to a user-friendly GUI.
Inside the eDesignSuite, you’ll find a set of tools that help you quickly find the best solution for your specific application:
- Power management design center for Switch-Mode power converters
- Simulators for Triacs/AC switches, field-effect rectifier diodes (FERD), and Schottky diodes
- Signal conditioning design tools for simulating multi-stage active filter, comparator and current sensing circuits
- A set of calculators to help with NFC/RFID antenna design
Power management design center
Our on-line Power management design center helps designers accelerate the engineering development process for switch-mode power converters in a variety of topologies and configurations suitable for power supply, LED lighting and battery charger applications based on a large - and growing - number of ICs and Discrete from our broad portfolio.
Take the virtual tour by watching the video or read the detailed steps below.
- Just specify your use case input/output operating conditions and preferred topology
- Then select the IC that best suit your needs out of a proposed list of suitable controllers and converter ICs
- The auto-complete feature will get you started with an annotated and interactive schematic displaying main current and voltage simulations and Bode plots, efficiency curves and power-loss data
- Then you can further refine your solution – also with the help of an interactive high-frequency transformer design utility – to the desired design goals including efficiency and stability among others.
- Quickly move to prototyping with the help of a complete and interactive bill of materials including manufacturer references and a choice of ready-available evaluation boards that, often with minimal component changes, embodies a working prototype of your design. The selection of a suitable evaluation board is made easy by a Board Advisor feature that provides a list of boards that meet the operating conditions specified for the design.
Power Supply Design Tool
Our on-line Power Supply design tool helps designers accelerate the engineering development process for AC-DC and DC-DC switch-mode Power Supply based on a large - and growing - number of ICs and Discrete from our broad portfolio in a variety of topologies.
LED Lighting Design Tool
Our on-line LED Lighting design tool helps designers accelerate the engineering development process for AC-DC and DC-DC switch-mode LED drivers based on a large - and growing - number of ICs and Discrete from our broad portfolio in a variety of topologies.
Digital Power Workbench
Our new Digital Power Workbench drastically reduces the effort and time for the development of digital power converters by providing a step-by-step design flow for both the power section - helping to quickly achieve desired efficiency targets – and the digital feedback network - to achieve the expected closed-loop performance, and finally generating the firmware for the target STM32 microcontrollers.
Thermal-Electrical Simulator for components
AC Switches Simulator
Our AC Switch Simulator provides graphs of estimated temperature and voltage blocking capabilities to so you can quickly determine the best switch for your solution.
Quickly find the thyristor or AC switch that best fits your design with our smart simulator.
- Input/output and gate parameters
- Conduction mode and load type
- Operating temperature and heatsink characteristics
- The tool returns junction temperature and voltage blocking capability estimation graphs you can use to refine your selection by comparing component options including packages and topologies.
- And finalize your selection with the suggested AC switching circuit.
Available in English and Chinese, its responsive web design lets you use its interactive schematics and BOM tools as well as thermal analysis and blocking capability simulators on any desktop, smartphone or tablet.
Have a look at the comprehensive on-line help and benefit from information and insights on thyristors, Triacs and AC switches from ST engineers, application support teams and technical documentation about parameter definitions, inner workings, limits and interaction with the system's EMC environment.
Rectifier Diodes Simulator
Just a few clicks our on-line FERD & Schottky diode simulator lets you estimate power losses based on application waveforms and select the best components for your solution.
Looking at power loss graphs, SMPS designers and component engineers can quickly select which FERD or Schottky diode is best suited for their application without having to go through the tedious and error-prone process of manual curve data reading and calculation.
In addition, a powerful search engine lets you select or sort rectifiers and diodes by part number, average forward current (IF(AV)) and repetitive peak reverse voltage (VRRM) as well as by feature type (topology, package and application grade). You can also find all devices that meet certain criteria - such as junction temperature, forward current and forward voltage drop (VF) - and compare them in table or graph formats that can be saved and printed out.
Available both in English and Chinese, the simulator provides an intuitive on-line help platform, with concrete examples and snapshots, to quickly get you started.
TwisterSIM is an off-line Electro-Thermal simulator for our ViPOWER power devices. It helps shorten design solution cycle by enabling complex evaluations including load-compatibility, wiring harness optimization, fault condition impact and diagnostic behavior analysis and Dynamic Thermal performance.
ST off-line PowerStudio is a dynamic electro-thermal simulation software supporting a growing number of ST power devices with a comprehensive power and thermal analysis. It helps select the power device that best fits specified application mission profile, predict device behavior at given operating conditions finally shortening solution design thus saving time and resources.
Signal Conditioning Design Tools
Our Signal Conditioning Design Tool is an on-line simulator to help you design multi-stage analog filters, comparators and current sensing circuits.
- Just specify your use case input/output operating conditions and preferred topology
- Then select the right:
- Operational amplifier for your filter design with the help of gain, phase and group delay graphs
- Comparator, looking at input-output voltage waveforms
- Current sensing amplifier through simulated error plots
- You can further refine the design with the help of an interactive circuit schematic and, the design goals achieved
- Quickly move to prototyping with the associated bill of material
Our NFC / RFID set of calculators can help you with your ST25 NFC (13.56MHz) or RFID (UHF) designs:
- NFC Inductance Calculator provides the inductance value of a 13.56MHz rectangular antenna based on your footprint requirements and it applies to all ST25 Tag and Reader products
- NFC Tuning Circuit Calculator provides the component values of the matching network for a given NFC antenna and it applies to ST25R Readers
- Link Budget calculator helps you assess whether a UHF RFID Reader can establish an RF link suitable for a reliable Reader /Tag communication and it applies to the ST25RU3993 Reader
Our NFC Inductance helps compute the inductance of a rectangular antenna tuned at 13.56MHz, for NFC Readers and Tags
- Just specify:
- Antenna length and width and number of turns
- Trace width, thickness and spacing
- Substrate thickness and dielectric permittivity
- The tool returns the equivalent inductance and segmentation of the specified antenna
- Quickly move to Prototyping and validate the design by either direct impedance measurement - using an impedance analyzer, a network analyzer or an LCR meter - or through tag tuning frequency measurement using a contactless method.
NFC Tuning Circuit
Our NFC Tuning Circuit helps you compute the components value of the matching network located between the NFC reader and the antenna.
- Simply enter the antenna electrical parameters and matching targets values
- select the topology of the matching network
and the tool returns the complete set of component values - including the capacitors in the Automatic Antenna Tuning (AAT) circuit - requested to achieve the desired design targets.
The circuit can then be exported as QUCS (Quite Universal Circuit Simulator) simulation files to further analyze and optimize your design.
The NCF Tuning Circuit Calculator is also available as a desktop application ( here)
UHF Link Budget
Our UHF Link Budget helps you assess whether a UHF RFID reader can establish an RF link suitable to enable a reliable Reader/TAG communication by checking whether a reader can deliver sufficient power to the transponder and if the reader can detect the transponder response taking into consideration the TX power, all gains and losses in the reader-tag-reader round-trip. For a reliable UHF RFID forward link, the parameter Pt_absorbed should be above the limit Pt_min. For a reliable reverse link Preceive should be above PReader_sensitivity_limit.
To help the user the required input parameter fields are pre-filled with typical values.