Overcoming design challenges for battery management systems
Join us for 1-hour webinar to understand the basic concepts of battery management systems in various applications
Thursday, October 28th 2021
In this webinar we will introduce battery fundamentals, why battery management systems are needed, and how State of Charge (SoC) and State of Health (SoH) measurements together with cell balancing are performed to obtain an optimum battery performance and service life. We will also look at common topologies of battery management systems in automotive (H)EVs, power tools and energy storage applications.
In particular, we will look at how our L9963E Li-ion battery monitoring chip offers all the essential BMS functions in a single device. Moreover, the L9963E can be configured in a daisy chain up to 31 devices, covering high-voltage batteries up to 800 V.
To further help engineers address design challenges, we will go over real-life use cases and give an overview of the available development tools including our L9963E evaluation board with an embedded MCU and preloaded firmware (GUI).
You will learn about:
- Basic concepts of battery management systems in various applications
- Measuring a battery cell’s State of Charge (SoC) and State of Health (SoH) to better optimize their performance
- Overview of ST’s portfolio and developer resources for designing a state-of-the-art battery management system
- Pros and cons of various topologies and design choices for typical use cases
There will be a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar where ST's experts will be available to answer your questions.
This webinar will be broadcasted twice, at convenient times for international audiences. Please review the times listed below and register for the most appropriate option for your time zone.
- EMEA session: October 28th, 2021 at 3:00 pm CEST
- Americas session: October 28th, 2021 at 2:00 pm EDT
An expert in automotive Smart Power products based on ST's proprietary VIPower™ and BCD technologies, Michael LUETT has extensive experience working with engineers and helping them find the best solutions for their designs.