Solving Challenges in Stepper Motor Design with Highly Integrated powerSTEP01
Solving Challenges in Stepper Motor Design with the Highly Integrated powerSTEP01
Meet our application experts and learn how to optimize your next motor control design using ST’s high power density, system in package IC which delivers high reliability, superior smoothness, and exceptional accuracy
Join us on October 22nd at 12noon CST
This 1 hour webinar will provide an overview of ST’s Integrated Driver ICs for stepper motors with a specific focus on the new powerSTEP01, a System in Package. You will learn about the various product features, how best to use them and how to test and optimize various system level characteristics. You will also learn about the boundaries of integrated drivers and how to select appropriate solutions for a given motor application. Application experts will be available to answer your questions directly online
- If you have a myST account, click HERE TO REGISTER to the webinar NOW.
- If you do not have a myST account, click HERE TO REGISTER your account in order to register
Webinar Agenda (CDT)
12:00PM – 12.45 PM
- Tips for selecting the right driver for stepper motors
- Tools from STMicroelectronics for getting started right away
12.45PM – 1:00PM
Microstepping and Multimotor Drivers Solutions
- Designing motor control applications is much easier with the outstanding performance, features and support of ST’s complete portfolio of motor drivers.
- Stepper motor control takes a quantum leap thanks to the latest STSPINdigital and powerSTEP motor drivers: featuring motion control with up to 1/128 microsteps resolution and digital motion profiles with acceleration, deceleration, speed or target position easily user-selectable via SPI.
- ST’s stepper motor drivers provide a level of smoothness of profile precision never experienced before.
- Best in class feature integration with 8 N-channel 16 mΩ MOSFETs for stepper applications up to 10ARMS 85V and a high-performing SPI programmable controller, providing fully digital control of the motion through speed profile generation and positioning calculations.
- Provides a cost-effective solution with low additional component count and minimized layout in 11 x 14 QFN, high immunity to noise, and low EMI.
- The device can operate with both voltage mode driving and advanced current control (non-dissipative) fitting different application needs
- The digital control core can generate user defined motion profiles with acceleration, deceleration, speed or a target position easily programmed through a dedicated register set.
- All application commands and data registers, including those used to set analog values (i.e. current protection trip point, deadtime, PWM frequency, etc.) are sent through a standard 5-Mbit/s SPI.
- It integrates a dual low 16 mΩ RDS(on) full bridge with embedded non-dissipative overcurrent protection. It also offers additional fault protection (thermal, low bus voltage, and motor stall) making the powerSTEP01 “bullet proof”, as required by the most demanding motor control applications.