VIPower Integrated Power Solutions
Driving the Next Generation of Intelligent Power Control for 12/24 V DC systems
Recording from: Wednesday, November 13th, 2019
Discover how ST’s integrated smart power solutions can help you to reduce cost, improve reliability, and optimize board space.
Watch the 1-hour webinar recording to explore ST’s leading edge, fully-integrated smart drivers for lighting, power distribution, heating, and brushed DC motor control, based on the latest generation of ST's well-known VIPower™ technology.
VIPower (Vertical Intelligent Power) technology provides integrated control, protection and diagnostics for medium/high power loads, including those found in the highly-demanding automotive environment.
The session will also show you how to select the optimal power solution for your application based on specific design specifications, using our free TwisterSIM™ design simulation tool.
You will learn:
- the benefits of using high side, low side, & integrated H-bridge drivers
- how to reduce cost and improve reliability, with minimal space requirements
- ideas on various implementations and their advantages
- how to optimize your design using ST’s easy-to-use design simulation tool
|Aravind Mathsyaraja is a senior Technical Marketing Advisor for STMicroelectronics' Automotive & Discrete Group. With an extensive background in power electronics and distribution, he is passionate about implementing smart power products in electronics designs that enable cutting-edge and affordable technology across all application segments.|
About VIPower technology and solutions
Built on VIPower M0-7 technology, the latest series of high-side drivers and DC motor H-bridge drivers from ST offer higher power density, greater accuracy in critical diagnostics, and new protection features. This series covers a wide spectrum of RDS(on) values (1.5 mΩ up to 140 mΩ) and package options, ensuring design scalability. Other features include:
- Configurable auto-restart or latch-off protection against hazardous conditions
- Multiplexed analog current sense for load current diagnostic
- Ultra-low power consumption (0.5 μA standby current max)
- Ultra-compact Power-SSO packages
- Extreme low voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications.
- PWM control up to 20 kHz (motor driver ICs only)