ST-ONE power supply controller combines with ST’s MasterGaN technology in a record-breaking laptop/smartphone charger design with energy recovery
The EVLONE65W is a high power density USB Power Delivery board supporting Programmable Power Supply (PPS). The design allows wide range input voltage and can deliver five fixed PDOs and two APDOs.
This board is based on ST-ONE, the world’s first digital controller embedding an Arm® Cortex® M0+ core, an offline programmable controller with synchronous rectification, and USB-PD PHY in a single package.
This system is designed to control ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback converters to create high-power-density chargers and adapters with USB interface. The device includes an active clamp flyback controller with HV startup on the primary side, and a microcontroller with peripherals for power conversion and USB-PD communication on the secondary side. The ST-ONE embeds a galvanically isolated dual communication channel to connect the two sides.
The high frequency switching control in combination with a MasterGaN power stage enables very high efficiency with significantly smaller magnetic components.
- Universal input mains range: 90 Vac to 265 Vac – frequency 47-63 Hz
- Maximum output power: 65 W
- Dimensions: 58x32x20 mm, (L x W x H)
- Power density: 30 W/in³
- Efficiency: >93% @ full load
- Constant current output: 3.75 A max
- Output voltage range: 3.3-21 Vdc
- PD output:
- Five fixed PDOs: 5 V@3.75 A, 9 V@3.75 A, 12 V@3.75 A, 15 V@3.75 A, 20 V@3.25 A
- Two APDOs (PPS): 3.3-16 V@3.75 A, 3.3-21 V@3.25 A
- PPS mode: 20 mV step for CV, 50 mA step for CC
- Certified USB Power Delivery 18.104.22.168 power brick
- Feedback loops: constant current and constant voltage
- Protections: brown out, overcurrent protection, overtemperature protection, overvoltage protection, undervoltage protection
ST-ONE - a charger the size of a phone charger for your laptop!