Advanced quasi-resonant offline high voltage converter with E-mode GaN HEMT
The VIPERGAN65 high voltage converter is designed for medium power quasi-resonant zero voltage switching (ZVS) flyback converters. The device can provide up to 65 W output power over a wide range.
Its complete set of integrated features makes the chip extremely flexible and easy to use and ensures highly efficient offline power supply designs. The ZVS quasi-resonant operation with dynamic blanking time and valley synchronization reduces switching losses and maximizes overall efficiency at any input line and load condition. The advanced power management with low quiescent helps achieve low standby consumption, while the feedforward compensation minimizes variation in output peak power over the entire input voltage range.
The device includes output overvoltage protection, overtemperature protection, and overload protection to increase end-product safety and reliability significantly. The device also integrates brown-in/-out protection and input overvoltage protection (iOVP). All the protections are in auto-restart mode.
- Quasi-resonant (QR) flyback controller
- 650 V E-mode power GaN transistor
- Embedded sense FET
- Dynamic blanking time and adjustable delay functions for valley synchronization to maximize efficiency at any input line and load condition
- Valley lock to ensure constant valley skipping
- Advanced power management for less than 30 mW standby power consumption with adaptive burst-mode
- Output OVP protection
- Input voltage feedforward compensation for mains independent OPP variation
- Brown-in and brown-out protection
- Input OVP protection
- Embedded thermal shutdown
- Frequency jitter for EMI suppression
- High efficiency power adapters
- Fast battery chargers
- Auxiliary power supply for appliances, industrial, consumers, lighting
65 W USB Type-C Power Delivery reference design based on VIPERGAN65 and STUSB4761
Discover how to create highly efficient and compact high voltage converters with the latest advancements in the VIPer family.
You will learn:
- How to extract high power density for AC-DC converters
- The benefits of GaN in high voltage conversion
- How to minimize BOM count for high voltage converters
- How to minimize power consumption in all load conditions with dynamic blanking time