The device is a full bridge motor driver intended for a wide range of automotive applications. The device incorporates a dual monolithic high-side driver and two low-side switches.
Both switches are designed using STMicroelectronics’ well known and proven proprietary VIPower®M0-7 technology that allows to efficiently integrate on the same die a true Power MOSFET with an intelligent signal/protection circuitry. The three dies are assembled in SO-16N package on electrically isolated lead-frames.
Moreover, its fully symmetrical mechanical design allows superior manufacturability at board level. The input signals INAand INBcan directly interface the microcontroller to select the motor direction and the brake condition. A SEL0 pin is available to address the information available on the CS to the microcontroller. The CS pin allows to monitor the motor current by delivering a current proportional to the motor current value. The PWM, up to 20 kHz, allows to control the speed of the motor in all possible conditions. In all cases, a low level state on the PWM pin turns off both the LSAand LSBswitches.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Output current: 15 A
- 3 V CMOS-compatible inputs
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Thermal shutdown
- Cross-conduction protection
- Current and power limitation
- Very low standby power consumption
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- PWM operation up to 20 kHz
- CS diagnostic functions
- Analog motor current feedback
- Output short to ground detection
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCCdetection
- Output protected against short to ground and short to VCC
- Standby Mode
- Half Bridge Operation
- Package: ECOPACK®
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.