The STSW-WMBUS-GUI (wM-Bus demo suite) is a PC application to easily evaluate the features of the wM-Bus firmware running on ST Sub-1GHz devices.
The application is used for automatic, gas, water, electricity and heat meter readings.
The X-NUCLEO-S2868A1/STEVAL-FKI868V2 boards mounted on NUCLEO-L152RE/NUCLEO-L053R8/NUCLEO-F401RE boards create hardware platforms for testing a wM-Bus stack which communicates with PC using the VCOM protocol (with a default baud rate of 115200).
The compatible STM32 Nucleo boards must have the wM-Bus firmware loaded (for further details, refer to UM1904 for X-CUBE-SUBG1 on www.st.com).
The wM-Bus stack can be easily configured in different wM-Bus modes (sniffer mode and concentrator mode) and packets transactions can be captured using a GUI.
Using any terminal utility on PC, AT commands can be sent to the board to reconfigure wM-Bus stack in the desired mode.
The command/response can also be seen on the PC-GUI for the data concentrator unit by programming the board with the Conc-PC-GUI workspace selectable from the dropdown menu in the firmware project.
- Graphical user interface to evaluate the wM-Bus firmware library
- Identification of hardware and firmware:
- Automatically identifies the connected evaluation board running the wM-Bus firmware
- Reads wM-Bus device identification (serial number, vendor, version)
- Easy configuration of the wM-Bus stack:
- Reads and writes configuration settings of the wM-Bus stack
- Sets wM-Bus modes like T, S, C, F, R
- Sets channel and packet format
- Sets radio RSSI and Tx power parameters
- Enables/disables the encryption and sets the encryption key
- Meter database management:
- Manages meter database on the firmware which supports the feature
- Adds and removes new meters
- Updates meter settings
- Assigns friendly name for easy identification of the meters
- Sniffer mode:
- Can work as a wM-Bus sniffer when used with the firmware with sniffer feature
- Displays sent and received packets
- Decodes wM-Bus packets
- Supported devices:
- X-NUCLEO-S2868A1/STEVAL-FKI868V2 with NUCLEO-L152RE/NUCLEO-L053R8/NUCLEO-F401RE
- STEVAL-IKR002V4 with daughter board
- Developer-friendly license terms
Unfortunately, the link you clicked didn't work. Don't worry, here are the steps you can take to get your download started:If you still can't download the software, please reach out to us on the ST Community and we will help you
- Ensure you are using the same browser used to made the initial request
- Check that cookies are allowed in your browser
- Update your browser to its latest version
- Please also note that links forwarded by somebody else will not work