OPENRTOS®, the commercial license for FreeRTOS from WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems
OPENRTOS® provides a commercial license for FreeRTOS™. This includes a license for the FreeRTOS kernel as well as, if needed, the additional software libraries that make up Amazon FreeRTOS. The FreeRTOS kernel is a highly successful, small, efficient embedded real time operating system. Our unique approach provides the ultimate flexibility for professional software development.
Now released under an MIT license, Amazon FreeRTOS is completely free to download. Updates and ports of FreeRTOS are simultaneously released by WITTENSTEIN as OPENRTOS, with full commercial support and licensing.
OPENRTOS is available integrated with FAT and TCP/IP, providing a complete embedded platform with a fully commercial license.
OPENRTOS is supplied as source code under a straightforward perpetual license with no runtime fees or royalties. Customers receive comprehensive documentation and our full support after delivery.
Benefits of licensing OPENRTOS:
- Removes the Amazon FreeRTOS Open Source M.I.T. License;
- Commercial indemnification & explicit exclusion of open source code;
- Professional support and warranty;
- Board Package Support Preparation;
- Porting to new processors;
- Supplied as source code, with demo project;
- Small footprint, below 9 Kbytes ROM, 200 bytes of RAM (typical) on Cortex®-M;
- Supports the complete STM32 processor family;
- Compiler agnostic;
- Preemptive scheduling option;
- Co-operative scheduling option;
- Easy to use message passing;
- Round robin with time slicing;
- Mutexes with priority inheritance;
- Recursive mutexes;
- Binary and counting semaphores;
- Very efficient software timer;
- Easy to use API.