The STM32L4R9I-EVAL evaluation board is designed as a complete demonstration and development platform for STMicroelectronics’ Arm® Cortex®-M4 core-based STM32L4R9AI microcontroller with: four I²C buses, three SPI and six USART ports, CAN port, two SAI ports, 12-bit ADC, 12-bit DAC, internal 640-Kbyte SRAM and 2-Mbyte Flash memory, two Octo-SPI memory interfaces, touch-sensing capability, USB OTG FS port,LCD-TFT controller, MIPI DSI host controller, flexible memory controller (FMC), 8- to 14-bit camera interface, and JTAG debugging support.
The full range of on-board hardware features helps the user to evaluate all the peripherals (USB, USART, digital microphones, ADC and DAC, TFT LCD, MIPI DSI LCD, LDR, SRAM, NOR Flash memory device, Octo-SPI Flash memory device, microSD card, sigma-delta modulators, CAN transceiver, EEPROM) and to develop applications. Extension headers allow easy connection of a daughterboard or wrapping board for a specific application.
An ST-LINK/V2-1 is integrated on the board, as an embedded in-circuit debugger and programmer for the STM32 MCU and the USB virtual COM port bridge.
- STM32L4R9AII6 microcontroller with 2-Mbytes of Flash memory and 640-Kbytes of RAM in a UFBGA169 package
- 1.2” 390x390 pixel MIPI® DSI round LCD
- 4.3” 480x272 pixel TFT LCD with RGB mode
- Two ST-MEMS digital microphones
- 8-Gbyte microSD™ card bundled
- 16-Mbit (1 M x16 bit) SRAM device
- 128-Mbit (8 M x16 bit) NOR Flash memory
- 512-Mbit Octo-SPI Flash memory with double transfer rate (DTR) support
- 64-Mbit Octo-SPI SRAM memory with HyperBus interface support
- EEPROM supporting 1 MHz I²C-bus communication speed
- Reset and wakeup / tamper buttons
- Joystick with four-way controller and selector
- Touch-sensing button
- Light-dependent resistor (LDR)
- Coin battery cell for power backup
- Board connectors:
- Two jack outputs for stereo audio headphone with independent content
- Slot for microSD card supporting SD and SDHC
- TFT LCD standard connector
- MIPI DSI LCD standard connector
- EXT_I2C connector supports I²C bus
- RS-232 port configurable for communication or MCU flashing
- USB OTG FS Micro-AB port
- CAN 2.0A/B-compliant port
- Connector for ADC input and DAC output
- JTAG/SWD connector
- ETM trace debug connector
- User interface through USB virtual COM port
- Embedded ST-LINK/V2-1 debug and flashing facility TAG connector
- STDC14 connector
- PMOD connector
- Board expansion connectors:
- motor-control module connector
- extension connector for daughterboard
- Flexible power-supply options: power jack, ST-LINK/V2-1 USB connector, USB OTG FS connector, daughterboard
- On-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer with USB re-enumeration capability: mass storage, virtual COM port and debug port
- Microcontroller supply voltage: fixed 3.3 V or adjustable range from 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- MCU current consumption measurement circuit
- Access to comparator and operational amplifier of STM32L4R9AII6
- Comprehensive free software libraries and examples available with the STM32Cube package
- Support of a wide choice of integrated development environments (IDEs) including IAR™, Keil® and GCC-based IDEs
STM32L4R9 Evaluation board running a TouchGFX demo application. An example of how you can benefit from the unique features of STM32L4+ series to bring sharper user experiences to wearables and smart objects with a best-in class battery life time.
With STM32L4+, ST has extended the STM32L4 technology providing more performance (up to 120 MHz) , more embedded memory (up to 2 Mbytes of Flash memory and 640 Kbytes of SRAM) and richer graphics and connectivity features while keeping the best‐in‐class ultra‐low‐power capability.
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.