The STGAP2DM is an isolated half-bridge gate driver.
The gate driver is characterized by 4 A current capability and rail-to-rail outputs, making the device suitable also for high power applications such as motor drivers in industrial applications equipped with MOSFET, IGBT or SiC power switches.
The device integrates protection functions: dedicated SD and BRAKE pins are available, UVLO and thermal shutdown are included to easily design high reliability systems, and the interlocking function prevents outputs from being high at the same time.
The device allows to implement negative gate driving, and the onboard isolated DC-DC converters allow working with optimized driving voltage for MOSFET, IGBT or SiC.
The EVALSTGAP2DM board allows to evaluate all the STGAP2DM features while driving a half-bridge power stage with voltage rating up to 1700 V in a TO-220 or TO-247 package.
The board allows to easily select and modify the values of relevant external components in order to ease driver performance evaluation under different applicative conditions and fine pre-tuning of final application components.
- High voltage rail up to 1700 V
- Driver current capability: 4 A source/sink @ 25 °C
- Short propagation delay: 80 ns
- UVLO function
- Interlocking function
- Dedicated SD and BRAKE pins
- Gate driving voltage up to 26 V
- Negative gate driving
- Onboard isolated DC-DC converters to supply high-side and low-side gate drivers, fed by VAUX = 5 V
- 3.3 V VDD logic supply generated onboard or 5 V (externally applied)
- 3.3 V, 5 V TTL/CMOS inputs with hysteresis
- Easy jumper selection of driving voltage configuration:+15/0 V; +15/-3 V; +19/0 V; +19/-3 V
- Temperature shutdown protection
- Standby function
Recommended for you
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.