The STEVAL-ISA190V1 is a product evaluation board based on ST's synchronous step-down switching regulator A6986F.
The device is capable of delivering up to 1.5 A and its 100% duty cycle capability to withstand the cold crank event along with its wide input operating voltage range make A6986F the ideal choice for battery powered automotive systems.
Synchronous rectification improves efficiency at full load as well as application compactness, while high-frequency switching (programmable up to 2 MHz) lowers power passive costs and size while remaining outside of the AM band.
The device can operate in low consumption mode (LCM) with quiescent current as low as 30 µA at VIN = 12 V and VOUT = 3.3 V, hence assuring high efficiency at light loads, as required in typical car body applications that remain active while the car is parked. A low noise mode (LNM) can alternatively be selected to meet the forced PWM mode requirement under all loading conditions for infotainment applications.
The default evaluation board settings are 6 V output voltage configured in LCM, 500 kHz switching frequency, high level ISKIP current and the switchover feature disabled. These configurations can easily be changed by the user to evaluate different application scenarios.
- AECQ100 qualification
- 1.5 A DC output current
- 4 V to 38 V operating input voltage
- Low consumption mode or low noise mode
- Programmable ISKIP current
- 30 µA IQ at light load (LCM VIN = 12 V and VOUT = 3.3 V)
- 8 μA IQ-SHTDWN
- Adjustable fSW (250 kHz - 2 MHz)
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.85 V to VIN
- Embedded output voltage supervisor
- Adjustable soft-start time
- Internal current limiting
- Overvoltage protection
- Output voltage sequencing
- Peak current mode architecture
- RDS(on)HS = 180 mΩ; RDS(on)LS = 150 mΩ
- Thermal shutdown
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.