The STEVAL-ISA193V2 evaluation board implements a 15 W USB adapter with primary sensing CC feature, based on the STCH02 current mode controller designed for offline quasi-resonant flyback converters, capable of providing constant output current (CC) regulation using primary-sensing feedback.
The IC embeds a 650 V, non-dissipative, HV startup cell, which, along with the extremely low quiescent current and burst-mode management, helps minimize residual input consumption, thus achieving less than 10 mW under no-load conditions.
The adapter is designed to meet the most stringent energy saving recommendations (EuCoC rev. 5 – Tier 2 and EPS of DOE USA) as well as EN55022-Class-B Conducted noise emissions.
The extremely small form factor and the output USB connector makes this reference design suitable for small USB chargers and adapters for mobile phones, tablets and other hand held equipment
- Universal AC Main Input voltage range : 90 VAC to 264 VAC
- Output range: 5 V - 3 A continuous operation
- Constant voltage (CV) and constant current (CC) operation with CC primary sensing
- Input power in standby < 10 mW at 230 VAC
- Average efficiency: > 81.84%, complies with EuCoC rev. 5 – Tier 2 and EPS of DOE USA
- EMI: According to EN55022-Class
- Small form factor: (44 x 35 x 15 mm)
- RoHS compliant
- WEEE compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.