The STEVAL-USBPD45C 45 W AC-DC adapter reference design features a USB Type-C connector and functions as a USB Power Delivery provider with a single source port.
The reference design accepts a wide input mains range and delivers 5 V, 9 V and 15 V output voltage profiles, according to the Source Power Rules of the current USB Power Delivery specification.
The adapter architecture is based on two boards: the STEVAL-USBPD45P power supply board implementing the power stage in flyback topology with synchronous rectification, and the STEVAL-USBPD45I Digital Control Board designed to control the USB Type-C connector and manage the USB Power Delivery stack and the adaptive synchronous rectification algorithm.
The flyback converter is based on the STCH03 offline PWM controller for low standby adapters and the STF7N80K5 MDmesh™ K5 primary MOSFET.
On the secondary side, the adaptive synchronous rectification with STL40N75LF3 Power MOSFET is controlled and driven directly by the STM32F051 MCU, allowing an overall efficiency improvement with a very low external component count.
The USB type-C port is controlled by the certified STUSB1602A, enabling the VBUS power path and integrating high voltage protections on VBUS and CC lines.
- USB PD 3.0 compliant
- Universal input mains voltage range: from 90 VAC to 264 VAC (frequency from 45 Hz to 65 Hz)
- Three fixed PDOs available: 5 V, 9 V, 15 V – 3 A continuous operation
- Load power limited to 45 W
- Minimum four-point average efficiency in active mode compliant with CoC ver. 5 – Tier 2 and DOE requirement
- Efficiency > 50% with Pout = 250 mW
- < 35 mW no-load standby power
- Adaptive synchronous rectification with digital driver and controller
- Load feedforward
- OVP, UVP, OC, short-circuit protections
- ESD protection: > 30 kV contact on VBUS and 20 kV contact on CC lines and according to IEC61000-4-2
- Immunity against surge current on VBUS pin up to 35 A in a 8/20 µs waveform, according to IEC61000-4-5
- Compact design: 73x51x25 mm
- RoHS compliant
|製品型番||製品ステータス||パッケージ||グレード||RoHSコンプライアンスグレード||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.