The STM32L422xx devices are the ultra-low-power microcontrollers based on the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 80 MHz. The Cortex-M4 core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision which supports all Arm® single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
The STM32L422xx devices embed high-speed memories (Flash memory up to 128 Kbyte,40 Kbyte of SRAM), a Quad SPI flash memories interface (available on all packages) and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses, two AHB buses and a 32-bit multi-AHB bus matrix.
The STM32L422xx devices embed several protection mechanisms for embedded Flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection, proprietary code readout protection and Firewall.
The devices offer two fast 12-bit ADC (5 Msps), two comparators, one operational amplifier, a low-power RTC, one general-purpose 32-bit timer, one 16-bit PWM timer dedicated to motor control, four general-purpose 16-bit timers, and two 16-bit low-power timers.
In addition, up to 12 capacitive sensing channels are available.
They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces.
The STM32L422xx devices embed AES hardware accelerator.
The STM32L422xx operates in the -40 to +85 °C (+105 °C junction) and -40 to +125 °C (+130 °C junction) temperature ranges from a 1.71 to 3.6 V VDD power supply. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allows the design of low-power applications.
Some independent power supplies are supported: analog independent supply input for ADC, OPAMP and comparator. A VBAT input allows to backup the RTC and backup registers.
The STM32L422xx family offers six packages from 32 to 64-pin packages.
- Ultra-low-power with FlexPowerControl
- 1.71 V to 3.6 V power supply
- -40 °C to 85/125 °C temperature range
- 300 nA in VBAT mode: supply for RTC and 32x32-bit backup registers
- 16 nA Shutdown mode (4 wakeup pins)
- 32 nA Standby mode (4 wakeup pins)
- 245 nA Standby mode with RTC
- 0.7 μA Stop 2 mode, 0.95 μA with RTC
- 79 μA/MHz run mode (LDO Mode)
- Batch acquisition mode (BAM)
- 4 μs wakeup from Stop mode
- Brown out reset (BOR)
- Interconnect matrix
- Core: Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU, Adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator™) allowing 0-wait-state execution from Flash memory, frequency up to 80 MHz, MPU, 100DMIPS and DSP instructions
- Performance benchmark
- 1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Drystone 2.1)
- 273.55 CoreMark® (3.42 CoreMark/MHz @ 80 MHz)
- Energy benchmark
- 442 ULPMark-CP®
- 165 ULPMark-PP®
- Clock Sources
- 4 to 48 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator for RTC (LSE)
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (±1%)
- Internal low-power 32 kHz RC (±5%)
- Internal multispeed 100 kHz to 48 MHz oscillator, auto-trimmed by LSE (better than ±0.25 % accuracy)
- Internal 48 MHz with clock recovery
- PLL for system clock
- Up to 52 fast I/Os, most 5 V-tolerant
- RTC with HW calendar, alarms and calibration
- Up to 12 capacitive sensing channels: support touchkey, linear and rotary touch sensors
- 10x timers: 1x 16-bit advanced motor-control, 1x 32-bit and 2x 16-bit general purpose, 1x 16-bit basic, 2x low-power 16-bit timers (available in Stop mode), 2x watchdogs, SysTick timer
- 128 KB single bank Flash, proprietary code readout protection
- 40 KB of SRAM including 8 KB with hardware parity check
- Quad SPI memory interface with XIP capability
- Rich analog peripherals (independent supply)
- 2x 12-bit ADC 5 Msps, up to 16-bit with hardware oversampling, 200 μA/Msps
- 2x operational amplifiers with built-in PGA
- 1x ultra-low-power comparator
- Accurate 2.5 V or 2.048 V reference voltage buffered output
- AES: 128/256-bit key encryption hardware accelerator
- 12x communication interfaces
- USB 2.0 full-speed crystal less solution with LPM and BCD
- 3x I2C FM+(1 Mbit/s), SMBus/PMBus
- 3x USARTs (ISO 7816, LIN, IrDA, modem)
- 1x LPUART (Stop 2 wake-up)
- 2x SPIs (and 1x Quad SPI)
- IRTIM (Infrared interface)
- 14-channel DMA controller
- True random number generator
- CRC calculation unit, 96-bit unique ID
- Development support: serial wire debug (SWD), JTAG, Embedded Trace Macrocell™
- All packages are ECOPACK2® compliant
- Ultra-low-power with FlexPowerControl
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
ST has built a new architecture to reach best-in-class ultra-low-power figures thanks to its high flexibility. STM32L4 MCUs have scored 447 ULPMark-CP and 167 ULPMark-PP in the standardized EEMBC™ ULPMark® tests that compare the efficiency of ultra-low-power microcontrollers. Moreover, the STM32L4 series shatters performance limits in the ultra-low-power world. It delivers 100 DMIPS based on its Arm® Cortex®-M4 core with FPU and ST ART Accelerator™ at 80 MHz.
サポート & アプリケーション
|LQFP 48 7x7x1.4||-||インダストリアル||Ecopack2|| |
|UFQFPN 48 7x7x0.55||-||インダストリアル||Ecopack2|| |
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.