ST's 8-bit microcontroller platform is implemented around a high-performance 8-bit core and a state-of-the-art set of peripherals. This platform is manufactured using an ST-proprietary 130 nm embedded non-volatile memory technology.
The STM8 allows fast and safe development through enhanced stack pointer operations, advanced addressing modes and new instructions. The STM8 platform supports four product series:
- STM8S, mainstream MCUs
- STM8L, ultra-low-power MCUs
- STM8AF and STM8AL, automotive MCUs
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?
Learn the basics of our STM8L series of ultra-low-power microcontrollers !
Get started with ST MCU Finder, the best way to explore the complete portfolio of STM32 ARM® Cortex®-M and STM8 microcontrollers now directly from Windows, Linux or Mac computers.
STM8 MCUs now available in 8-pin package!
The STM8 Series expands our product portfolio in smaller pin count packages, introducing two part numbers in a SO8 package.
- STM8S001 offers an outstanding set of features with top-notch core processing speed, system control, memory size, communication peripherals, and analog functions.
- STM8L001 targets low-voltage and power-efficient designs, providing minimalist yet essential feature set.
- STM8L050 delivers economy and performance for resource-constrained products.
- STM8-SO8-DISCO lets users evaluate all three STM8 variants currently available in the popular 8-pin SO8 package.
Configure easily your STM8 MCU using our free configuration tool with user-friendly GUI, the STM8CubeMX. Including several intuitive wizards to help significantly reduce development effort, time and cost. STM8CubeMX is available for Windows®, Linux®and macOS® operating systems.