The Flasher Portable PLUS is SEGGER's handheld, stand-alone service programmer for microcontrollers with on-chip and external flash memory. Designed as an extremely rugged, reliable, and portable, production-grade flash programmer, it is specifically optimized for in-field firmware updates requiring a service technician. It is also designed with the customer’s end use in mind and has a long track record of proven success in the field, including in harsh environments.
The Flasher Portable PLUS comes with an intuitive user interface. The 20-pin target connector adapts to multiple standard and proprietary connectors through a wide variety of adapters from SEGGER and optional optical and magnetic isolators provide galvanic isolation from both the power supply and the programming target. The Flasher Portable PLUS supports a large number of CPU cores and an even greater number of different devices from various vendors.
Battery-driven or powered via USB, the Flasher Portable PLUS has 128 MB of internal memory. Up to 16 firmware images or programming configuration files can be stored on the Flasher, so one unit can be used for different targets, versions, or configurations. Desired firmware images can be activated by simply pushing a button, and the currently selected one will be displayed.
As a multi-platform solution, Flasher Portable PLUS comes with the setup and control software for Linux, macOS, and Windows.
- 128 MB internal memory for configuration and data file storage
- Option for customer-chosen colors, corporate logos and slogans, customized splash screen and other corporate design elements
- Full insights with the LCD display
- High speed — typically between 30 KB / second and 1 Mbyte / second
- Low power consumption
- Battery-powered — up to 10 hours of charge on an internal rechargeable Li-Ion 680 mAh battery
- No external power supply required
- Supports storing up to 16 configurations / data files on Flasher
- Easy push-button selection between multiple images/configurations stored on Flasher
- Supports Arm Cortex®, PowerPC, and Renesas RX cores
- Data files can be updated via file access mode or J-Flash
- Target interface: JTAG / SWD / FINE / SPD
- Multi-platform: Includes setup and control software for Linux, macOS, and Windows
- No license required. No hidden costs. No future costs.
- Future proof: Software, firmware updates, and new flash loaders, are free of charge
- Security: Flasher Portable PLUS supports Authorized Flashing.