Material Mates supports ST in a system (HW/SW) BMS reference design. Reference design is instrumental to ST to sustain design in activity to mass market.
Material Mates will assist/support the customer to adapt the reference design to a target product and help the matching of the cells of choice with charging/balancing strategies, optimizing parameters like battery life, reliability, safety. Projects are developed according to all appropriate standards for industrial and automotive field, for both HW and FW, thus simplifying the certification process.
Material Mates will provide good technical knowledge of mass production, an innovative approach and proprietary testing facilities available throughout the project to offer a complete engineering package to customers.
A complete BMS design with key features is needed in a product:
- Safety features Overvoltage,
- Short Circuit, cell unbalancing,
- temperature tresholds/derivative observer.
- Operative Gauging : SOC, Fuel Gauge SOH, stress index, coulometric efficiency
- Charge and Balancing: complete management of charge/balancing cycle
- Life cycle tracking and managing : charging cycles, parametric fuel gauge indication, main statistical parameters recording.
- The Embedded Software is supported by a Host and Configuration Program in PC environment that offers real time monitoring of the main functions and readouts
- fully interactive parameters programming for the different implemented functions.
For more information: https://www.mmates.it/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/STM32-BMS-platform-.pdf