The L6390 is a full featured high voltage device manufactured with the BCD™ “offline” technology. It is a single-chip half-bridge gate driver for N-channel power MOSFETs or IGBTs. The high-side (floating) section is able to work with voltage rail up to 600 V.
Both device outputs can sink and source 430 mA and 290 mA respectively. Prevention from cross conduction is ensured by interlocking and programmable deadtime functions.
The device has dedicated input pins for each output and a shutdown pin. The logic inputs are CMOS/TTL compatible down to 3.3 V for easy interfacing with control devices. Matched delays between low-side and high-side sections guarantee no cycle distortion and allow high frequency operation.
The L6390 embeds an operational amplifier suitable for advanced current sensing in applications such as field oriented motor control or for sensorless BEMF detection. A comparator featuring advanced smartSD function is also integrated in the device, ensuring fast and effective protection against fault events like overcurrent, overtemperature, etc.
The L6390 device features also UVLO protection on both the lower and upper driving sections, preventing the power switches from operating in low efficiency or dangerous conditions.
The integrated bootstrap diode as well as all of the integrated features of this IC make the application PCB design easier, more compact and simple thus reducing the overall bill of material.
The device is available in an SO-16 tube and tape and reel packaging options.
- High voltage rail up to 600 V
- dV/dt immunity ± 50 V/nsec in full temperature range
- Driver current capability: 290 mA source, 430 mA sink
- Switching times 75/35 nsec rise/fall with 1 nF load
- 3.3 V, 5 V TTL/CMOS inputs with hysteresis
- Integrated bootstrap diode
- Operational amplifier for advanced current sensing
- Comparator for fast fault protection
- Smart shutdown function
- Adjustable deadtime
- Interlocking function
- Compact and simplified layout
- Bill of material reduction