Complete NFC solution for embedded applications hands-on workshop
Discover how simply you can extend and improve your application with NFC RF communication
Learn how NFC technology can improve the way objects can communicate with smartphones or other NFC devices to exchange data, connect to the internet or pair with other media in a simple and affordable way.
Who should attend this workshop?
Engineers looking to rapidly develop new ways for objects to communicate with each other and to gain some real experience with NFC solutions.
Benefits you will take away
- Essentials of NFC and RFID technologies, standards, and regulations
- Demonstration of use cases to identify the best NFC technology for your application
- Technical overview of ST products within a complete NFC system
- Hands-on exercises using key development ecosystem tools
The complete agenda and list of cities where the workshops will take place are given below.
There is no charge to participate in this event, but you must register through my.st.com.
If you already have a myST account, REGISTER here.
If you do not have a myST account, click here to create your account and register.
The seminar is based on ST25 Discovery kits and NFC tags. All attendees will receive a complimentary Discovery pack that they can take home:
- Discovery kit for ST25R3911B high-performance HF reader / NFC initiator (ST25R3911B-DISCO)
- Discovery kit for ST25DV04 Dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC (ST25DV-DISCOVERY)
- An ST25TA NFC Forum Type 4 tag IC
Items to be prepared before the workshop
The workshop includes several hands-on activities. Please make sure to meet the following prerequisites prior to the workshop:
- Please bring your laptop with administrator privileges.
- Please install the Graphical User Interface software (STSW-ST25R001) for the ST25R3911B Discovery kit
Date and location
|Munich||October 19, 2017||Closed|
|Milan||October 26, 2017||Closed|
|Cambridge||November 16, 2017||Closed|
|Paris||November 21, 2017||Closed|
|Stockholm (Kista)||December 13, 2017||Open|
|8:30-9:00||Registration and system check for pre-installed tools and board connection|
|9:00-10:00||Technical review of NFC basics and standards.
Overview of NFC applications, use cases, and ST product portfolio