Bluetooth mesh and Zigbee mesh networks on STM32WB MCUs
Join us for 1-hour webinar and learn how to develop a Bluetooth Mesh or Zigbee Mesh solution with the STM32WB MCUs
This webinar was broadcasted Tuesday, November 2nd 2021
Join this webinar to discover how the STM32WB MCU can enable Bluetooth mesh and Zigbee mesh networks.
In this webinar we will explore the STM32WB features, portfolio, and options available for purchase to help you identify the best solution for your design. We will then dive into the details of Bluetooth Mesh and Zigbee Mesh networks.
At the end of this webinar, you will know how each mesh network is segmented inside the STM32WB MCU. We will also explain how the certified STM32WB5MMG module helps product teams reduce design time and complexity. You will discover the numerous STM32WB development kits offered in the STM32WB series. These include the NUCLEO-WB55RG the NUCLEO-WB15CC, as well as the STM32WB5MM-DK Discovery kit for the STM23WB module, featuring multiple sensors, a digital microphone, QSPI Flash, RGB LEDs and an OLED display to facilitate quick prototyping. We will also show you demos of Bluetooth and Zigbee Mesh networking on the STM32WB discovery kit.
This webinar will provide you with details on ST's Bluetooth LE 5.2 offering with the basics of Bluetooth Mesh and Zigbee Mesh networks.
Who should attend
- Firmware engineers looking to develop a solution with Bluetooth LE
- Firmware engineers looking to develop a solution with Bluetooth Mesh or Zigbee Mesh
- Hardware engineers designing IoT applications that require Bluetooth LE connectivity
- RF engineers who are looking to design IoT products quickly without the need for lengthy certification cycles
You will learn
- STMicroelectronics Bluetooth LE portfolio
- STM32WB key value proposition
- STM32WB module key features and aspects
- STMicroelectronics Bluetooth Mesh Offering
- STMicroelectronics Zigbee Mesh Offering
- About our STM32Cube ecosystem including STM32Cube tools that make development easy and efficient
- About all of the available online videos, and learning resources for the STM32WB
- Introduction to ST Microelectronics Bluetooth LE offering
- Key value proposition of the STM32WB
- Security on the STM32WB
- STM32WB module and discovery board details
- STM32 Cube ecosystem for the STM32WB, STM32CubeMX, STM32CubeMonitorRF, STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeProgrammer
- STM32WB online video demos, links and where to find learning content
- Bluetooth Mesh networking on the STM32WB
- Demo of Bluetooth Mesh on the STM32WB discovery kit
- Zigbee Mesh networking on the STM32WB
- Demo of the Zigbee mesh demo on one of the STM32WB Nucleo boards
There will be a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar where ST's experts will be available to answer your questions.
Colin Ramrattan (AME)
Colin Ramrattan has been with STMicroelectronics since 2012 and is a Product Marketing Engineer with the microcontroller product marketing team for the Americas. Colin has held positions in both the analog sensors and connectivity organization prior to microcontrollers. Before joining ST, Colin was a user interface module designer at Blackberry in Waterloo, Canada.
Alec Bath (AME)
Alec Bath is the Eastern Region Applications Manager for Microcontrollers and is celebrating his 20th year with ST. Alec has supported ARM-based microcontroller families, the STR7 & STR9, and now the highly successful STM32 family ever since. Prior to ST, Alec worked as a hardware design engineer at Motorola for analog cellphones and automotive body electronics modules.
Vit Stepanek (EMEA)
Vit joined STMicroelectronics in 2011 and has more than 10 years of experience with STM32 MCUs. He is an MCU Application Engineer and member of ST MCU online technical support team. He is focused on EMEA customers, specializing on wireless and ultra-low-power STM32 MCUs. Vit is from Czech Republic and is located in ST’s office in Prague.
Paolo Scanniffio (EMEA)
Paolo joined STMicroelectronics in 2020 as a member of the team supporting the development of STM32 and STM8. He previously worked as Principal Digital FAE & Wireless Connectivity Solution Expert for 8 years for the EMEA region, and 12 years as hardware and software engineer on wireless networks. He is an expert in digital and radio front-end layout, high-level radio protocols, Linux-based OS/MPU, bare metal- or OS-based MCU C programming. Paolo holds a Master’s engineering degree in Telecommunications from the Polytechnic of Milan with a specialization in Radio Communication PHY & Protocols.