MDmesh high voltage super-junction MOSFETs webinar
MDmesh™: Application-based high voltage super-junction MOSFETs
Miss the live event? Watch the 1-hour webinar recording to discover ST’s market-leading high voltage power MOSFETs, including the new M6 series optimized for SMPS applications.
During the session, we explore ST’s high voltage super-junction MOSFET technology, MDmesh™. Spanning voltage ratings from 250 V to 1500 V, these innovative discrete devices are advancing the performance of power topologies for applications ranging from motor control to vehicle electrification — and everything in-between.
We review the benefits and target applications of ST’s broad high-voltage portfolio, followed by a dedicated discussion on the new 600 V - 700 V M6 series highly suited for applications requiring high efficiency and power density, such as Switched-Mode Power Supplies (SMPS).
You will learn:
- What makes the MDmesh™ structure so effective
- The target applications for each of the 5 MDmesh™ families
- About the power topologies enabling high efficiency standards
- The diverse packaging options available
- About the resources available to help designers use MDmesh™ MOSFETs
- Introduction to the super-junction MOSFET structure
- The evolution of MDmesh™ technology
- Description of mature MDmesh™ families (M2, M5, K5)
- In-depth discussion of MDmesh™ M6
- Key applications
- Package offerings
- Performance examples
|Jeff Halbig holds both B.S. and M.Eng degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. After 8 years of power supply design, Jeff joined STMicroelectronics as a product marketing engineer for power discrete in 2012. He has been marketing manager for power transistors since 2014 and leads a team promoting power solutions focusing on the Industrial market.|
About MDmesh™ Power MOSFETS
- The Super-Junction MOSFET structure allows to shrink the epitaxial layer of the vertical MOS compared to planar types, reducing Rds(on) for a given die area
- There are four modern families of MDmesh devices – M5, M2, M6, and K5 – Spanning drain voltage ratings from 250 V to 1700 V.
- Each is optimal for differing power applications like CCM PFCs, resonant converters, ZVS bridges, or flybacks.
- M6 is a new reference for best-in-class performance in resonant topologies
- Diverse SMT and through-hole packaging, as well as module options, allow mechanical ease of design in any application.
- Detailed application notes, selection guides/apps, and models enable quick designs with MDmesh™ technologies