Solving design challenges with the all-in-one Time-of-Flight ranging sensor webinar
Understand the benefits of using the FlightSense™ family in applications where accurate ranging, independent of target reflectance, is required
Attend a 1-hour webinar and learn how the Time-of-Flight sensor works using the VL53L0X ranging sensor and the VL6180X proximity sensor, gesture, and ambient light sensing (ALS) module, enabling quick design-ins while ensuring the best solution for your design functions.
The all-in-one ST FlightSense™ product family senses and provides accurate ranging information, independent of the target’s color and texture. It is ideal for the consumer and industrial markets to measure proximity, presence, ranging, depth, and object detect and count.
Join us Thursday, May 18th at 12 noon CDT
You will learn:
- How the FlightSense™ principle works (laser and SPAD technologies) and its advantages over conventional IR sensors
- How to set crosstalk compensation and calibrate for the most accurate measurements
- How to implement major use-case scenarios
- Key performance parameters: Distance, accuracy, ranging rate, and power consumption
- How to use the evaluation kit and supporting GUI
Application engineers will be available to answer your questions directly online.
There is no charge to participate in this event, but you must register through my.st.com.
If you already have a my.st.com account, REGISTER NOW.
If you do not have a my.st.com account, click here to create your account and register.
12:00 – 12:45 pm CST
- Time-of-Flight principles and design choices
- Gesture recognition with example applications
- Overcoming design challenges
- Calibration techniques to ensure accurate measurements
- Using the advanced GUI to discover and test the different settings
- Key parameters to ensure the best performance
- Hardware considerations
- Development ecosystem and support
12:45 pm - 1:00 pm CST
- Live Q&A
World smallest Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging sensor - VL53L0X
The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today, providing accurate distance measurement, regardless of the target’s reflectance, unlike conventional technologies. It can measure absolute distances up to 2m, setting a new benchmark in ranging performance levels, opening the door to various new applications.
The VL53L0X integrates a leading-edge SPAD array (Single Photon Avalanche Diodes) and embeds ST’s second-generation FlightSense™ patented technology.
The VL53L0X’s 940nm VCSEL emitter (Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser), is totally invisible to the human eye, coupled with internal physical infrared filters, it enables longer ranging distance, higher immunity to ambient light and better robustness to cover-glass optical cross-talk.
Please find more information here.