We will become carbon neutral by 2027, for the 40 th anniversary of ST’s creation.
- the sourcing of 100% renewable energy by 2027.
How we will reach our 2027 target
- Reduce as much as possible our direct emissions by decreasing emissions generated by ST sites with measures such as PFC* (Perfluorinated Compounds) abatement systems (Scope 1).
- Invest in energy saving programs. Reduce electricity consumption by identifying and deploying ways to reduce our indirect carbon emissions related to our electricity consumption on all ST sites (Scope 2).
- Innovate for our renewable energy supply to reach 100% for all ST by 2027 through power purchase agreements, on-site electricity generation, and green certificates.
- Minimize our indirect emissions from transportation (employees’ commuting, product transportation, business travel) by offsetting new emissions linked to company growth (Scope 3).
- Compensate remaining emissions through reforestation and innovative carbon sequestration programs.
Being 1.5°C scenario compliant by 2025We joined the world-renowned Science Based Target Initiative (STBi) which has validated ST’s targets to be compliant with the 1.5°C maximum scenario as per the COP21 Paris agreement. This means reducing direct and indirect absolute carbon emissions by 50% compared to 2018.
Partnership and open innovation
We are collaborating with external partners to develop innovative green solutions. We are also encouraging all stakeholders to join us in this transformation, and we are promoting the approach accross ecosystems.
|Contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals|
Our commitments and programs related to Energy and Climate Change contribute to:
More information on our programs and performance are available in our latest Sustainability report.
Our Environmental Policy and procedures describe how we prevent pollution, reduce consumption of natural resources, reduce waste, and minimize the impacts of our manufacturing operations. Our Policy is in line with international and local regulations, incorporating best practice principles from the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), as well as the ISO 14001, 14064 and 50001 international standards.
Our Policy is supported by our Sustainability charter which outlines our commitments for the six seven years.