The building blocks you need to accelerate your cellular IoT design!
The B-L462E-CELL1 cellular discovery kit brings the critical hardware and software components you need to quickly develop power-conscious devices that connect to the internet through LTE Cat-M and NB-IoT networks. Featuring the ST4SIM-200M eSIM, which is compliant with EAL5+ hardware security certifications, the discovery kit is well suited for embedded developers, IoT evangelists, and it is affordable for OEM and mass-market customers.
Key features of B-L462E-CELL1
- Turnkey development platform for LTE Cat M/NBIoT cellular products
- Global coverage antenna
- Built-in, GSMA-certified embedded SIM (ST4SIM-200M)
- Device-to-cloud application
- Included data connectivity plan from ST Authorized Partner Truphone
- 128 x 64 OLED screen with SPI interface
- Low-power Audio CODEC
- Comprehensive set of sensors:
- Ultra-low power 3D accelerometer and 3D magnetometer (LSM303AGR)
- Capacitive digital sensor for relative humidity and temperature (HTS221)
- 260-1260 hPa absolute digital output barometer (LPS22HH)
The X-CUBE-CELLULAR expansion package is a software solution that embeds a cellular middleware package, a set of projects, and an application example, featuring an STM32L4 microcontroller acting as a host for cellular connectivity applications.
Combined with Truphone ST Authorized Partner, this expansion software package accelerates solution definition and deployment.
Fostering the growth of cellular applications, the ST4SIM-200M is ST's first GSMA-certified embedded SIM for industrial and IoT applications. By offering end users the possibility to easily switch network providers, the ST4SIM-200M brings developers more freedom and flexibility in the use of cellular networks, and fuels the eSIM revolution!
Getting started with STMicroelectronics’ cellular IoT discovery kit (2:59)
Enjoy the out-of-the-box demo, and connect your data all over the world.
B-L462E-CELL1 discovery kit provides all the resources needed to develop application software and design a secure, end-to-end solution very quickly.
Learn how the turnkey solutions from STMicroelectronics, Murata, Sony Altair, and Truphone simplify the design of cellular IoT applications.
- Discover the features of the new Murata Type 1SE LTE Cat M/NB Module
- Learn about the unique benefits of the 1SE module
- Gather key points to know about how to use 1SE – Certification
- Learn how to benefit from the key features of the all-in-one B-L462E-CELL1 discovery board and X‑CUBE‑CELLULAR STM32Cube expansion software
In this webinar, you will learn more on the benefits of cellular connectivity for IoT, industrial, and automotive applications. You will discover how ST’s ST4SIM product family of SIM & embedded SIM (eSIM) solutions can pave the way to those new market opportunities.
Our experts will also show you how to enable eSIM remote subscription management using the B-L462E-CELL1 discovery kit.
- Introduction to SIM & eSIM
- Overview of ST4SIM portfolio and ecosystem
- ST4SIM availability at distribution
- Demo: eSIM remote subscription management using B-L462E-CELL1 discovery kit