The ESDCAN series improves the quality of protection of the high-speed CAN and LIN transceivers without affecting the capacitance budget and reduces PCB size by 75% compared to conventional solutions.
The increased use of electronics in cars deeply modifies the E/E architecture with high-density boards concentrating tens of high-speed CAN or CAN-FD links, requiring highly integrated protection solutions. ST offers a wide range of AEC-Q101 CAN protection devices for passenger cars (12 V batteries) or commercial vehicles (24 V batteries) covering fault-tolerant CAN, CAN-FD, LIN and even FlexRay communication protocols.
- Dual-line ESD and EOS protection
- Bidirectional devices
- Maximum pulse current: 5.5 A (8/20 μs)
- Stand-off voltage: from 24 V up to 36 V
- Low leakage current: 100 nA (max.)
- Compliant with:
- ISO 7637-3a and 3b
- ISO 10605 / IEC 61000-4-2: up to 30 kV air and contact
- ISO 16750-2
- ESD and EOS plug-and-play protection solutions for CAN transceivers already approved by various car makers
- Enables high-density PCBs thanks to tiny, compact packages (SOT323-3L, QFN-3L, and DFN1110)
- Design and layout flexibility with wide range of products with low capacitance
- Covers most mission profiles with reliability tests performed at maximum TJ =175°C for CAN-FD, Flexray and various voltages to fit car and truck requirements.
ST's ESD protection solutions fit many applications including industrial, IoT, and automotive. This short video focuses on the protection of CAN and LIN communication systems.
Discover how you can protect key sockets including camera, radar, infotainment, airbag, steering or passive entry applications.
Discover our full range of automotive-grade CAN protection devices that help simplify qualification and speed up time to market.
During this one-hour webinar, you will learn how to make your electronic system more robust against destructive Electrostatic Discharges (ESD) by using ST ESD Protection components.