How can a Non-Volatile Memory protect data integrity?
Smart electronic systems make decisions based on the data they have collected. This data must be securely stored, reliable, and show no errors to ensure good decision making.
Memory devices store data and instructions, and therefore play an essential role in protecting data integrity.
Page EEPROM brings safety nets and smart flags to make sure your data is reliable
Faster application wake-up and better device monitoring
- When your application powers up, you can check your memory wakes up correctly thanks to a power-up flag in the Page EEPROM, which tells you when the memory is operational.
- To make sure the operation performed in the Page EEPROM before shut-down was done properly, you can check the program/erase status flag. This feature confirms that the operations previously executed were completed without error (the page, sector, block, or chip erase, the page program or the page write operation).
Accurate error-detection ensuring data integrity
Data integrity is key in applications that rely on a non-volatile memory (NVM). Software algorithms and redundancy can be used to ensure good data quality, but they are complex, especially if the amount of data is important. To ensure your data is reliable, the Page EEPROM embeds an ECC (Error Correction Code), which is transparent for the user. The ECC can correct single- or double-bit errors, and detect triple-bit errors.
With two ECC correction flags and one detection flag, Page EEPROM simplifies data management and enhances application reliability.
A safety net to prevent data corruption
The features embedded in the Page EEPROM safeguard your data. For sensitive data, the memory area can be configured as read-only using block protection (from 64 Kbytes to 4 Mbytes). A protected area flag indicates whether a modify operation was attempted on a protected memory area. This ensures your sensitive data is safe and can be trusted.
Thanks to its complete set of safety flags, Page EEPROM enhances application reliability, protects your data, and simplifies product monitoring. As a result, Page EEPROM makes the decision-making process in your application simpler and more robust.
Interested in using the Standard Serial Page EEPROM family for your ultra-low power applications?
- Check out the Standard Serial Page EEPROM product page to learn more about product benefits
- Get started on your prototype thanks to the new Page EEPROM Nucleo expansion board
- Learn more from ST experts and discover our live demo in the on-demand webinar
Order the M95P32 Page EEPROM here