VIPower M0-9 family of smart switches with advanced embedded protection functions
Single-channel, high-side driver with Current Sense analog feedback for automotive applications.
Designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface, this switch provides advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with configurable latch-off.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Extreme low voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications (compliant with LV124, revision 2013)
- Very low standby current
- Extended current sense precision
- Advanced protection features:
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation with dedicated fault reset pin
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery through self turn-on
- Electrostatic discharge protection
- Body control modules
- Power distribution
- Glow plugs
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Heating systems
- DC motors
- Relay replacement
- High power resistive and inductive actuators
The VN9004AJ evaluation board (EV-VN9004AJ) provides an easy way to connect the VN9004AJ single-channel high-side driver into an existing system.
Ready-to-use board enables designers to directly connect the load, power supply and microcontroller without any additional effort for external component design and connection.
A unique electro-thermal simulator that shortens the design cycle by enabling complex engineering evaluation. TwisterSIM includes an interactive selector for finding the suitable HSDs in few clicks based on load compatibility; fault condition impact analysis; diagnostic behavior analysis dynamic thermal performance, and more.
STMicroelectronics reveals scalable, feature-rich automotive high-side drivers leveraging advanced power technology
Discover the key features and benefits of our latest generation of protected high-side drivers. Our brochure will help you find the best solution for your application.