Smart switch with state-of-the-art embedded control functions and a new protection mechanism for different load types and power ratings
Housed in a PowerSSO-16 package, the VND9012AJ is designed for extreme low-voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications (compliant with LV124, revision 2013). With a very low standby current, this AEC-Q100 qualified device is compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with configurable latch-off.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Extended current sense precision
- Advanced protection features:
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation with dedicated fault reset pin
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery through self turn-on
- Electrostatic discharge protection
- Body Control Modules (BCM)
- Protected supply for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) : radars and sensors
- Resistive and inductive actuators
- Light modules (halogen bulbs, HIDs, LEDs)
- Zonal ECUs
- Relay replacement
The VND9012AJ evaluation board (EV-VND9012AJ) provides an easy way to connect the VND9012AJ dual-channel high-side driver into an existing system.
This ready-to-use board enables designers to directly connect the load, power supply and microcontroller without any additional effort for external component design and connection.
A unique electro-thermal simulator that shortens the design cycle by enabling complex engineering evaluation. TwisterSIM includes an interactive selector for finding the suitable HSDs in few clicks based on load compatibility; fault condition impact analysis; diagnostic behavior analysis dynamic thermal performance, and more.
STMicroelectronics reveals scalable, feature-rich automotive high-side drivers leveraging advanced power technology
Discover the key features and benefits of our latest generation of protected high-side drivers. Our brochure will help you find the best solution for your application.